wi-fi problems

gooddeed

Inactive User
Reaction score
recently formated the hard drive on my lappy and re-installed all the drivers.
and since ive been unable to connect to our bt-homehub router. i keep getting the limited or no connectivity sign.

Problem is the router doesint recognise that lappy is connected to it and wont send anything to it.

ive turned off firewall on router and laptop, still nothing. reinstalled drivers for belkin network card. unplugged and reconnected router.

Anyone any ideas? could it be faulty router?

cheers gooddeed :cheers:

hello mate not sure if this will help you out but still worth a try .goto start run the type in cmd.then in the next box type in ipconfig/release then ipconfig/renew after its been released

hi m8 cheers for replying gave that a try, but no luck. Problem is the hub wont assign the lappy an ip address. Just refuses to talk to lappy at all.

thanks though

Did you have mac address filtering on the router? Did you perhaps have the mac address of the laptop set to something different before your reinstall?

thought about that, but theres none set up on the router and its set to allow new connections.

Cheers.

I take it that it works with a wired connection, so it has to be something on the wireless side.

You've tried turning all the encryption settings off?

Have you tried setting a static IP on your laptop?

There can't be much else to go wrong...

Yess thats it!! i turned the encrytion off and was able to connect straight away.

though i had the correct key the first time :S.

cheers m8 thanks for the help

disabled encryption now turned it back on again, (with the same key) and the everything works fine now :S well glad its sorted, cheers guys :D

Back