Wi-Fi or Ethernet

cyberice

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need some advice please, what’s the best way to connect satellite boxes in the internet, Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

I have a VU Solo 2 and so do some of my friends, my connection is Ethernet Cat-6 some of my friends connect via dongle 300mbs and one connects via BT power-line kit.

What’s the best way and would the BT power-line kit cause any problem.

Cheers,

if you are trying to stream, then it is always best to be wired, infact its is always best to be wired, just use wireless when eith the device is mobile or you cannot geet a cable to the device location.

I agree it's always best, where possible, to use wired.

I use powerline myself without an issue.

I agree it's always best, where possible, to use wired.

I use powerline myself without an issue.

Which type / make of powerline? My friends is talktalk....

Cheers,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ones I use are Solwise 500mb versions. One of them is a pass-through so I didn't lose a socket and also because Solwise state the pass-through is filtered to reduce/prevent interference.

preferred option for me is hard wired @ all times if possible

I use two powerline kits at home (though not for my Solo2).
They're very reliable - just the cheapest I could find at the time (under £20). The one problem I had was one wouldn't work with a particular trailing socket with spike protection. Once I figured it out and changed the socket it's worked fine ever since.

Agree with the others, always hardwired if possible - though some of the higher band 5ghz wireless modes are lightning quick and uncluttered, for now. :)

Morning all

Thanks for all the advice, looks like we will go for the hard wired option, although we might have to wait until the wife goes out before we start and pull the carpet back!!!

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back