why wont signal 2 lock on??

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone got any ideas why signal 2 wont lock on??

i've tried different coax, swapping outputs from lnb to different inputs on the receiver.

if i take the feed from signal one and put it to input on the box signal 2 locks on but signal one wont, so i know the tuners are ok.

if i go into installer setup and disable the 22khz command it gets a signal lock but when i go to a channel it says no satellite signal being recived.

It could be one of the cables is damaged, or a lose connection, or the outer shielding touching the inner copper core.

To eliminate your lnb being broke you have to do the same as you did with checking the tuner of your box. In other words, get the 1 cable that is working- LNB feed 1 to tuner 1. Then change same cable to move to the LNB feed 2 (at the dish end). If your lnb is working fine on both ports you will still have the signal on-screen ~which means fix the other cable ;)

tried that m8, i've come to the conclusion the lnb is goosed because if i take out one feed the other gets a signal lock but as soon as i put it back in the lock goes and just goes back to signal one having a lock.

yep thats a cooked lnb m8. You can use the sky+ basic with the single feed, just wont be able to record and watch something else. But a nice new quad will be the long-term fix.

cheers pinky mate i'll see if i can find a satellite shop around here as not home for another 4/5 weeks

are you saying that if you unplug input one, then two locks, but if you plug one and two in at the same time then input two loses its lock?

if so, then the receivers power supply is faulty m8, if it is this then its not a thompson by any chance?

yeah thats right DD m8...although when it does get a signal on 2 after unplugging input one its no where near as high as signal one unless i change the outputs on the lnb then it goes high.

could it really be the box though as its been used for about 2 years without fail at home, only unplugged it and brought it to my caravan on friday when i got HD installed.

its a pace box m8

Either way we got it covered :) its either the lnb.... or its the dodgybox.... lol
The only way to know is to try another box, or try your box on another twin lnb. Anyone near you with a dish and twin/quad output? Ask if you could plug in as a quick test?

lol.. theres no other twin/quad lnbs around mate, just singles.

think al try nd find a satellite shop and just get a new lnb to see what the score is.

cheers for the info lads :)

if its the current drain on a faulty power supply, plug the dish into input 2, and youll get a lock, then plug any old lnb into input one, it could just be on 2 foot of cable, if the power supply is at fault, then the extra drain will cause the lock to fail on input 2 as the input1 gets priority for viewing over input2 for behind the scenes recording

if youre good with a soldering iron then ill talk you through the repair m8

hi mate you need to do a software download take the power lead out of the box at the back press and hold the back up button on top of box. plug power back into box holding backup button down until all lights light up and it will say software download this may take upto 10 mins it will then go into stand by give it 1 min and power upif this dosnt work callme on ***********

Last edited by a moderator:
could be the box's power saving function...ie signal two doesnt lock on until its needed..try recording two programs at once you might find it works ok...

Back