Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's Not Even Noticed ?

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Ive just noticed the black tape on the bottom of the remote covering Dream logo :lol:
had it since Thursaday and only just seen it :blushing:

I just done a search and I see gsmtech has mentioned the remote has tape on it

come on be honest who noticed straight away ?
and who is taking theres off now Ive mentioned it :Laugh:

It was not on mine mate???

Maybe they forgot to put the tape on the remote lol.

Mick

You'll only have the tape on the remote if you got the OEM Branded "Sunray" version of the 800SE clone. It's an attempt to cover up the Dream Multimedia logos. If you got the normal Dreambox branded 800SE clone you wont have the tape on the remote.
I used the tape on the remote to stick over the annoying LED on the tuner :proud:

Ah right, so this wont make sense to a lot of members lol
sorry to wast ya time lol

the light on the tuner don't really affect me tbh, box is in a cabinet,all I can see is a hint of green

yeh same, I replaced by DM800 HD PRO downstairs with a 800SE as well now, havent bothered with covering the Green LED up. The 800SE I have upstairs has the black tape LED mod.
Sold my 800HD PRO on fleebay when free listing weekend was on...got over 200 notes for it.

I have the DM800SE sunray clone and the remote arrived with no tape just the dream logo
I feel hard done by now, I could have used that bit tappe for something.

:lol: on the bottom on the front you should see Dream Multimedia in white
if not Id say you got black tape on it

Attachments

• logo.JPG
    logo.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
yes mate :) deffo Sunray, says it on the front and all over the cardboard box ;)

didn't yours have tape on remote either ? lol

I received a DM800se, packaged as a DM800se, branded DM800se, no sticker on the remote.

I wonder how you got a Sunray from the same place that sent me Dreambox, did you order the OEM version, I noticed they had 2 variants of the DM800se for sale, one was he Sunray and the other was the Dream.

I just told them I wanted the Sunray
they did say they are the same but packaged differently because of customs

maybe they run out of Sunrays and took a chance ? dunno

Yes this is a Sunray with a DM badge, when I open it up the fan is badged Sunray, I think the tuner is also.

Plus all the Sunray apps run on it.

Most places will send a Dreambox branded clone. Unless you specifically ask for a OEM model in which case it will be Sunray branded. No difference except the branding and packaging.

I didn't mean cheaper quality. :)

I thought they would maybe have charged me a few quid more since I specifically asked for a DM800SE.

No m8 same price it just depends on whether you want to take a chance with customs or not ;)

Back