Who has a Rev. L3 Tuner ???

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Now for many people with HD glitching issues, it was said that the L3 Tuner solves this problem! Many users here have apparently ordered boxes which have these tuners installed, or bought a replacement L3 Tuner to replace their older J/K revisions!

People have reported that these tuners do infact solve HD channels glitching, but these seem to be sellers advertising their products around the forum!

Other users have reported that "the usual suspects Discovery HD, Channel 4 HD, Sly Sports 1 HD etc are all still glitching/ breaking up"

So what exactly is the deal with these tuners? Do they solve the HD glitches? Or have a few people just got duff/refurbished tuners??

Things that maybe useful to other users - Did you buy the tuner or did you purchase a new box that had the L3 tuner installed? If they do/don't work, where did you order it from? Lets see if we can finally figure out what's up with this mysterious L3 Tuner

It seems that the new L3 tuner has not resolved the Sly HD glitching issue, which it was supposed to have done. The main difference with the tuner is that it has a new, large capacitor on the rear.

Loads of people have reported negatively about the new revision compared to only 1 or 2 people saying that it resolved the issues (without amp).

Most of us have different setups - size of dish, number of LNB's, cable run etc.. so a fix for one person might not work for the next.

I believe the best thing for people to do is try out different things and the POST THEIR RESULTS on all forums that talk about it. This way everyone will learn more and it may be easier for them to sort out their own setup.

One suggestion so far is a 20dB gain inline-amplifier for about 3quid on Fleabay. Another posibility is to install a bigger dish?

After doing some research it seems that inline-amplifiers can worsen the problem but so many people have suggested it works, so for 3quid nobody can complain.

REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE A REVISION L3 TUNER.. post your solutions if you solved your issues. Let's get to the bottom of this, we've all paid good money for these boxes.

Answers to your questions ruddyrum::--

My L3 tuner came with the DM800, BL75, Sim2.01 from Tina@Yaoxin. Dates on stickers inside the box suggest that it was all manufactured/tested/passed on 03/2010 - Zone1 Sly mini dish, single lnb, 5 metre cable run, no inline amp or other modifications, but I STILL have issues with the suspect HD channels.

Last edited:
i hear in china some manufacture made new version box already, use l3 turner, L3 from ALPS .the boss of manufacture tell me that turner import from japan, it's original turner, my box from dvbkey . net , the use l3 turner already,

havent u all thought that the signal with the new or old tuner may be to strong and not to week
u have tried boosting the signal

now my interpritation with sly is the dish size
it is a small dish because u dont need to have a great signal strength
most are using a large 1mtr dish
have u tried putting an attenuator inline to reduce the signal
this is only my thoughts on it i dont have a dm box but it may be worth a go
or even change the lnb try a sly lnb??

Thanks, davidh.. appreciate the help. Will give it a go.

So Finally after getting some time this morning and setting up i can also confirm glitching on those chans (Sky sports 1, discovery). My setup:

• DM800 HD Clone, BL75, Sim2.01, Rev L3 tuner, purchased from Yaoxin.
  • Sly Dish, quad LNB
  • Using CCCam 2.1.3 (client) card is in my dm500c

So far what I've noticed is the other HD chans seem fine and the SNR is higher (around 66%) on those. On the glitching chans its around 56-58%.

So Finally after getting some time this morning and setting up i can also confirm glitching on those chans (Sky sports 1, discovery). My setup:

• Sly Dish, quad LNB

So far what I've noticed is the other HD chans seem fine and the SNR is higher (around 66%) on those. On the glitching chans its around 56-58%.

Be interesting to see if a in-line amp would make a difference on these glitching channels mate.

:Cheers:

Be interesting to see if a in-line amp would make a difference on these glitching channels mate

Very much interested myself - gonna order from fleabay... 20db is one recommended right?

• Sly Dish, quad LNB

hi ive seen exactly the same but when i had 500 connected i had 96% now ranges from 50 to 70 mines from yaoxin as well also my box dosnt power up sometimes i have to push power connector in and out a few times

one other thing how do you actualy know its L3 tuner thats fitted

one other thing how do you actualy know its L3 tuner thats fitted

I actually took the tuner out and its printed on the reverse side. Be aware that in order to do this you have to take the back plate off.

thanks g33za i never looked underneath i just saw some numbers on top when i had it apart for fitting hdd tbh its looking like peeps might just as well get any tuner version

Got a box with an L3 yesterday. No Glitching. Unfortunatley the damn USB ports don't work!

JohnO

Got a box with an L3 yesterday. No Glitching. Unfortunatley the damn USB ports don't work!

JohnO

Sure its not glitching on some HD chans? try Discovery HD. I found mine only glitched on a few not all.

i hear in china some manufacture made new version box already, use l3 turner, L3 from ALPS .the boss of manufacture tell me that turner import from japan, it's original turner, my box from dvbkey . net , the use l3 turner already,

Why do I get the feeling that annoying tosser satkr has got himself a new user name

Well, I have a clone manufactured in the last few weeks. Running on a normal sky install. The glitches are still there on each channel notified so far. I keep seeing the SNR going from 80% to 65% then 50% and somewhere inbetween it breaks up!

Sorry for the misleading post earlier!

JohnO

yes same as mine john now you mention it i havnt checked my usb ports im off to try them now make sure they work ,
i know this is wrong thread for this but are the usb ports plug and play
ive tried my usb stick with 16gb sd card in both ports and the box dosnt seem to find them is there a good way to test if these are working

Last edited:
If you have a usb key with a light on it, does it light up the usb. Regarding the tuner, I was testing on a 45CM dish. I will test it with an 80 cm one once I have a DM800 with USB ports working (won't get till the weekend now). I suspect this will be the cure for mine as I have a good signal on all transponders at home.

JohnO

Just my tuppence worth but have any off you tried changing you lnb..
I originally had the same problem with revision j tuner and 1.2 meter dish.
I changed my lnb to a dual alps one and the problem dissapeared..
my clone is running sweet for 4 months now..
and before you ask....no..I do not sell alps lnbs or any other sat related products..
Happy easter all.
pako

Back