Who has a Rev. L3 Tuner ???

i dont want to be responsible if any thing goes wrong,

but things look good, ive done a company search and it never appears on the scam sites and ive had said person on my msn contacts list for at least 2 years lol and the msn addy hasnt changed so if they did scam im sure they'd get loads of hassle on there.

infact the contact person is a woman and not a man but not that it matters.

the box is a dm800 the only hd box they sell at the min so again if a scammer they'd tell you you could have any box you want, it has the 76 bootloader and has the original tuner in it (made in japan) not china.

its 153 usd with 38 usd dhl delivery to my door, postage may be different for you based on location but i cant see it being much difference.

reason its cheaper uk is the exchange rate (at the minute, it could go up) when i checked earlier to the usd is pretty good again (it was pants a month or so back iirc).

all in to me 192 usd which i convertered to 125 and some pennies uk money to my door with dhl and marked as a gift. (edit: 126 and some pennies now damn exchange rate changing.)

only downer is no paypal its western union only, shite i know but for single orders thats what they take, i think they take card payments for large orders.

there not pushy either which is good as scammers usually want you to go ahead with it, these have been nothing but pleasant and let me ask questions and replied in good time.

i will send msn details via pm once i ask permission of the seller.

ive still to gather some spare cash before i place my order so its on your head if you order before me.

I'd never buy anything from any company that only accepts Western Union.

Not really because by installing a different tuner, all your doing is tweaking the parameters again just like those people that strike lucky and get the balance right with an in-line amp added to the equation!

If it was as simple a case of the tuner only, my genuine tuner would have worked in the clone, if you read my detailed tests, its clear that there is something else in the DM800 clone that does not operate as well as the Genuine DM800 from a signal & frequency perspective. All your doing is compensating for the real problem!!

Not necceasrily...if your using a patched image on a clone they are not always capable of using the latest DM drivers...originals can use the latest drivers.
Maybe out of date drivers on the clone prevent the original tuner operating as well as it can.
You need a SIM2.01 with altest bootloader 76a/b/c or a Ferarri SIM with bootlaoder 76F, then try it again, these bootloaders allow use of original unpatched images and latest drivers.
Probably wont fix your problem though ! Theres a lot of succes stories with modded Rev J and K tuners resolving these issues however.

The details of my box are as follows

BL75 FERRARI SIM LATEST TUNER REVISION L3

and I don't have any glitching issues on any of the HD channels - apart from that is when I had a bad cline from an over-subsribed card.

You need a SIM2.01 with altest bootloader 76a/b/c or a Ferarri SIM with bootlaoder 76F, then try it again, these bootloaders allow use of original unpatched images and latest drivers.
The clone is SIM2.01 and has been loaded with an un-patched original image with second stage boot loader 76C just to be sure we are running latest drivers.

I am as keen as anyone else to get this nailed to the real problem. In fact, probably more keen in some cases, because many are just happy to tweak until it works. I can't blame them cos most people don't want to waste any more time than they need to but I refuse to accept its a tuner issue with the tests I made. Call me stubborn, but they are fairly conclusive and damning to it just being a tuner issue in my opinion. Although I do accept that in some boxes with a certain length of cable, size dish, type of lnb and genuine tuner, people have gotten a happy balance, I don't think they have fixed what was causing the problem in the first place though, there's a difference.

Last edited:
The clone is SIM2.01 and has been loaded with an un-patched original image with second stage boot loader 76C just to be sure we are running latest drivers.

I am as keen as anyone else to get this nailed to the real problem. In fact, probably more keen in some cases, because many are just happy to tweak until it works. I can't blame them cos most people don't want to waste any more time than they need to but I refuse to accept its a tuner issue with the tests I made. Call me stubborn, but they are fairly conclusive and damning to it just being a tuner issue in my opinion. Although I do accept that in some boxes with a certain length of cable, size dish, type of lnb and genuine tuner, people have gotten a happy balance, I don't think they have fixed what was causing the problem in the first place though, there's a difference.

I am completely new to this box in the last few days so excuse my ignorance but I am fairly strong with standard computers. I find my box glitches when I'm trying to browse through the expanded EPG or carrying out other tasks while the picture is still processing. Is not possible that the box is under-powered in terms of RAM or CPU to handle the decoding?

I say this because when hovering around a couple of sub menus I seen that my RAM was at about 80% which seemed extremely high for not doing a lot of work with the box.

Anyway as I said I'm not getting any glitching on the HD channels - but my SNR seems to be hovering around the 85% mark whereas I seen a few people quoting 60%. I was getting glitches when I was watching a German HD channel yesterday at around 55% but managed to fix it by shifting the dish a little to put it up to 80%.

Is not possible that the box is under-powered in terms of RAM or CPU to handle the decoding?

No, this is a known problem to do with a set of around 5 channels (e.g. Sly Sports HD1, DiscoveryHD). All other SD & HD channels are fine, I have found DiscoveryHD to be the worst in terms of regularity and severity of glitching.

It does not affect the Genuine DM800, and in some cases it does not affect clones IF they have all the right conditions ticked. Unfortunately, these conditions vary drastically, (e.g. Size of Dish, LNB type, Length of Feed amongst other conditions). It is always blamed on the Tuner although as previously stated, I have a big question mark over that, as I have tested a genuine DM800 tuner in a latest build clone (as of Sep 2010) and the glitching was identical.

Some older threads about this have become diluted with similar but unrelated user issues like ECM timings etc.

No, this is a known problem to do with a set of around 5 channels (e.g. Sly Sports HD1, DiscoveryHD). All other SD & HD channels are fine, I have found DiscoveryHD to be the worst in terms of regularity and severity of glitching.

Ok so knocking out tuner, RAM, CPU/GPU, Dish size, Lnb and Ecm time what are we actually left with to go wrong?

When I was living in Malta last year with a 1.5m dish and the official SkyHD thomson box I used to also have problems particularly with DiscoveryHD (it never worked) while the likes of HistoryHD and CH4 HD worked absolutely fine for me.

cric2k said:
Ok so knocking out tuner, RAM, CPU/GPU, Dish size, Lnb and Ecm time what are we actually left with to go wrong?
Well there are a whole bunch of reasons why you might have similar issues for other reasons, like fringe reception area's, poor signal conditions etc, but what we are concentrating on here is the issue where one box will work perfectly fine and another box won't using the same ancillaries and conditions.

I like to be as accurate as possible when dealing with stuff like this, because there has already been a lot of assumptions, although on this next statement, I admit I am not 100% sure but I believe Dream Multi-Media had the same issues with these particular channels and it took the a while to get to the bottom of it.

I see a lot of comments about SNR but again, I have just been monitoring a whole range of channels on the genuine DM800 and I have channels operating in the 40 percent range SNR without any issue what-so-ever. Take the worst channel in this whole debacle, DiscoveryHD on the genuine DM800 has an SNR of 56% on this set-up. Its perfectly glitch free. The clone DM800 reports the same levels but is unwatchable!

I wonder whether the chinese completely reverse engineered the code in the Original DM800, when it comes to the boot loaders etc and if they did, perhaps they reverse engineered DMM's original bugs. This is where I get weak and speculative because I don't know enough about all that.

I can confirm that an SNR of about 55% is unwatchable for me on the HD channels (a glitch every 20 - 30 seconds).

would it be worth trying a rev j / k modded tuner instead of the L3 tuner?

would it be worth trying a rev j / k modded tuner instead of the L3 tuner?

Yes possibly, this is what they recommend over on the clone forum, they say L3 is the cheapest poor quality tuner from alll the revisions and unmoddable. Rev J/K can be modded with cap changes if you have issues.

Got my repalcment L3 tuner back now...surprise surprise...not made a blind bit of difference. Exactly the same issues, glitching on HD channels, SNR 50 - 65 %

In line booster fixes glitching on almost all HD channels including Discovery HD but, stops Sky Premiere 1 SD and Sky Premiere SD from working at all "tune failed". Without the inline booster heavy glitching on some HD channels, Discovery HD unwatchable...Premiere SD works but SNR low.

Beginning to think LNB and dish might be slightly out of alignment as I had a clone DM500s on this feed while I was waiting for the replacment tuner and even that had fairly low SNR on Sky Premiere and Premiere 1 SD causing breakup now and again.. SNR 79% - 82% If it rains premiere is unwatchable SNR drops to 63%.
This is a fairly recent legit sly install using Webro WF100 and an Octo LNB..

Adjusting tone amplitude makes no difference all values between 1 and 10 tested. Using latest official tuner drivers.

i ave tried a bunch of these recently and some that didn't work well on my install worked perfectly on others, no glitching or boosters needed, sometimes we had to tweak the dish to get it perfect, they are very sensitive it seems or unable to deal with fluctuations in signal.

I'v just got hold of DM800 with Rev J board & L3 tuner which has glithching on the known channels, my question is will a Rev M tuner fix the problem?

I'v just got hold of DM800 with Rev J board & L3 tuner which has glithching on the known channels, my question is will a Rev M tuner fix the problem?

Probably better off getting a inline amp mate, cured it on mine after trying a rev m tuner which wouldnt work..

Probably better off getting a inline amp mate, cured it on mine after trying a rev m tuner which wouldnt work..

Thanks mate but i'v try'd a 20F in-line amp, it got worse

Edit: I'm usein motorised setup

Thanks mate but i'v try'd a 20F in-line amp, it got worse

Edit: I'm usein motorised setup

Ah, sorry mate. The rev m tuner just wouldnt work with my rev j mainboard, not sure whether it was just mine or not though..

The amp I used is: [ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280416097805&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT]Inline Sky Satellite Signal Amplifier Booster + Lead on eBay (end time 20-Feb-11 14:16:44 GMT)[/ame]

Theres a new version of the Rev M tuner, apparently now supports Rev J and L motherboards.

DVB-S2 BSBE2-801A

Amplifiers may make things worse, I had a L3 tuner in line AMP fixed HD glitching but caused tune failed on load of SD channels. Since swapping to a Rev M, everythings OK. No amp connected.

Last edited:
I must have had an early one then as I remember reading after I bought it that they didnt work with mainboard J! Looks like thats the way to go then Ureyesonly..

Theres a new version of the Rev M tuner, apparently now supports Rev J and L motherboards.

DVB-S2 BSBE2-801A

Amplifiers may make things worse, I had a L3 tuner in line AMP fixed HD glitching but caused tune failed on load of SD channels. Since swapping to a Rev M, everythings OK. No amp connected.

Thanks mate, I had read else where that the tuner your talking about did work but thought I'd ask b4 buyin one, is it best to use newest bootloader? as mine is sim 2.01 bootloader 70

Edit: any links where to buy Rev M tuner?

Last edited:
Back