Who has a Rev. L3 Tuner ???

Just my tuppence worth but have any off you tried changing you lnb..
I originally had the same problem with revision j tuner and 1.2 meter dish.
I changed my lnb to a dual alps one and the problem dissapeared..
my clone is running sweet for 4 months now..
and before you ask....no..I do not sell alps lnbs or any other sat related products..
Happy easter all.
pako

You're a seller, you've got a shop, you're selling LNB's... only joking :proud: It's just a really nice day here and I feel happy!!

Anyway back on topic.. saw the LNB option on a few threads across a few forums. Just ordered a 0.1db LNB as they suggested. Might be worth a try for all with problems.

Cheers Pako

You're a seller, you've got a shop, you're selling LNB's... only joking :proud: It's just a really nice day here and I feel happy!!

Anyway back on topic.. saw the LNB option on a few threads across a few forums. Just ordered a 0.1db LNB as they suggested. Might be worth a try for all with problems.

Cheers Pako

please post as to the outcome of new lnb as i have a 0.3 db cheapo on mine and i get glitching on hd channels ch4 /discovery/disney cinema/scifi/ sports1 all others are ok.

@john01234 yes usb stick lights up

Hi M8,

Ok, at least you have power. You will need to format the USB Drive with Fat32 in order to let the dm800 see it.

JohnO

My clone with a sandisk seems to work, it lights up, but havent worked out how to record to the damn thing.

g33za i have same sandisk looks like a lot of hassle lol ive stuck hard drive in mine records great

Ok managed to figure out the timeshifting, have to say this is a long way from the sky+ hd box, not so seamless is that because its a usb and not a harddrive?

This LNB suggestion has come up before... My usual LNB that I have been using is a quad sky LNB. I have since tried an old alps, which still glitches on the usual channels. I also have an old monoblock, which unfortunately still glitches. Back with my Quad sky LNB as i need the multiple feeds...

Now here is an interesting discovery - I went away for Easter Hols on Friday, and just got back at 0200 this morning. When I woke up around 0900 i turned on my DM800 at the wall to watch some TV. I was flicking through some channels, when by accident i went on Discovery HD... and guess what... NO GLITCHES!!!! i made the most of this, and checked the other channels which were all working fine. after about 2 hours, the glitching came back (not as bad as it has been though)

As the day is progressing, the glitching is getting worse and more frequent - but only a few hours ago it was working fine. Could the glitching issues be related to heating problems with the tuners??? Would be cool if someone could also confirm that channels don't glitch when the box is turned back on after being off for a while!

Yeh, some people purchased a fan that sits underneath the box and they said that their HD problem had sorted itself.

Anybody else sorted it with a fan??

ive just ordered an inline 20db booster when it arrives ill let you know how it gets on with l3 tuner

Just to follow up on this thread and to update, i've a L3 tuner but experienced glitching on the usual HD channel suspects (discovery hd etc). The 20db booster arrived today and had it plugged in for a good 6-7 hours and tuned to the same channel, and no glitching.

I guess time will tell if this is the real fix for this.

do the original DM800HD boxes suffer from this problem ?.

hi update on freezing my 20db booster has arrived from fleabay and happy to say all hd chanells working just fine i bought cheapest i could see £2.75 inc postage well happy

Anyone with an 80CM+ dish having problems as well on the wonky channels?

I have a motorised setup, so don't really want to go down the in-line amp route if poss

JohnO

sorry to ask again but does the original DM800HD suffer from picture break up on HD channels ?.

anyone tried an original tuner on the clone 800 ?
or has anyone got an original 600 to test that tuner in the 800 clone ?

coming in late on this thread, answer to Rudyrum, I bought a clone last year that glitched badly on ch 4. bought the 20 amp inline and it was perfect,but also bought a laptop cooler and mine has run perfectly on all hd channels since.The only pain is that the fans still run in the standby position.

anyone tried an original tuner on the clone 800 ?
or has anyone got an original 600 to test that tuner in the 800 clone ?

The Dm800 tuner is a dvb-s2 tuner its different to the tuner in the 600. if u use a 600 tuner you wont get most hd channels.

Also yes. Im an Idiot and spent 70 euros on an original rev K tuner from germany as many people say this will fix it. Just my luck, the glitching is even worse than on my clone rev j tuner. I even replaced the caps on the motherboard of the DM800. This fixed Discovery (not completely) but c4 and ss1 are still crap.

My advice is to think twice before u get an original tuner or a clone. After spending money on the tuner, parts and booster I should have just got an original. The clones not worth it in the end.

I prefer my old non-hd original 500s and TM linux receivers to the crappy clone DM800. Whats the point in a HD box if the main HD channels dont work. Its just stupid. Im going to get another box as soon as I can afford. Either a 500HD or vu duo.

Back