Who has a Rev. L3 Tuner ???

so the original tuner didn't work?!?!?!?!?!?!?
2 guys on other threads said that the orig tuners fixed all of their problems.

so the original tuner didn't work?!?!?!?!?!?!?
2 guys on other threads said that the orig tuners fixed all of their problems.

The other guys could be using a larger dish with a short cable. Im basing my findings on a perfectly set up zone 1 mini dish that works fine on my 4 yr old SkyHD box.

The original tuner works on my other large dish with a very short cable and amp but the clone tuner did too. The only problem is it only works with a short cable. It glitches when I use my normal long cable.

So yes im saying the original tuner has not helped one bit. Trust me dont bother. It has a possibility of working but its not worth the risk.

If u have glitching just flog the clone 800 on $bay and save up for an original.

Just to confirm Im not the only one that bought an original tuner that didnt work. I found this on another forum:

"I also bought an original revision K tuner to replace my clone revision J tuner and had the same problem.

I purchased a KONIG in LINE SATELLITE AMPLIFIER from ebay and i now don't have any problems with the clone or original tuner, on my sky dish or 90cm motorised, i'm just £70 out of pocket now"

hmm thats interesting.

the problem is mate that we will never be able to objectively say what does what because there are just too many variables like geography, dish size/gain, lnb noise, cable legnth/quality.

it would be great if there was some sort of database where people could write about their experiences.

hmm thats interesting.

the problem is mate that we will never be able to objectively say what does what because there are just too many variables like geography, dish size/gain, lnb noise, cable legnth/quality.

it would be great if there was some sort of database where people could write about their experiences.

Thats very true like I said the tuner works in some circumstances (short cable/large dish+amp) but not in others.

A database is a good idea.

From what I can see the Chinese suppliers just care about the bottom line and dont give a crap about sorting the glitching out. They just pretend to so we waste more money on crap such as the L3.

Theres a reason the clone is so cheap. The components used are the CHEAPEST possible. I dont even think its the tuner thats the only problem its something on the mobo. I heard reports of clone tuners that glitch in clone dm's working fine in original boxes.

Even comparing my original 500s with my clone 500c I can see a difference in weight and quality of the components, etc.

hello

i have a genuine DM800 with either J or K revision tuner definitely not the latest L3 one, i took it out a few weeks ago to check but cant remember if it was J or K.

Anyway, unfortunately i have been experiencing breakups with all the channels mentioned before (skysports1, ch4 e.t.c.)

So to answer the question all lot of people have asked on this thread, yes genuine DM800s have the same problem.

I am thinking of going down the buying the L3 tuner with inline amplifier road...

For what is worth my set up is a Twin TechniSat Multytenne dish pointing to 4 satelites 13 | 19.2 | 23.5 | 28.2 and i am using the previous house owner sat cable that is aproximately 10 meters long. Because it is a fine balance to get all 4 satelites the signal on most transponders is quite low and varies from 40-65% but adequate enough to show all other channels without problems.

Hope this helps people understand that buying a genuine box or genuine tuner does not necessarily mean that it will be problem free on the particular problematic channels.

Last edited:
I've had some picture freezing and breakups. Not sure if my tuner is an L3 as I havent opened to confirm, but when I bought it (couple of weeks ago) it was listed as an L3.

I have removed the dvi-hdmi cable that came with the box, and used one of my own and ensured its very tightly screwed in. I now get a lot less picture breakup and not one channel has frozen on me yet.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

ive a seller on msn who does the dm800 with bootloader 76 for 153 dollars and 38 delivery by ups/dhl, current rate as of today thats only 125 uk quid plus he claims they come with original tuners from japan.

even will mark packet as gift i aleady asked lol.

never ordered owt off him as i have an original dm800 (problem free i might add) but i might need a clone soon so i'll let you know if i get one.

Last edited:
I've had some picture freezing and breakups. Not sure if my tuner is an L3 as I havent opened to confirm, but when I bought it (couple of weeks ago) it was listed as an L3.

I have removed the dvi-hdmi cable that came with the box, and used one of my own and ensured its very tightly screwed in. I now get a lot less picture breakup and not one channel has frozen on me yet.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Just updating my post to say that the cable didnt make a blind bit of difference. I get lots of breakup not only on HD but SD too. Picture freezing every 20 secs or so, god I miss cable, satellite is absolutely shite to be honest.

@ Thommohawk can u link to him m8 please !

At that price i might get a third as a spare :proud:

PM me his detials as well please mate...cracking price if it got tuner L3, Sim2.01, SS 76 etc..
Have you used this contact before, is he reliable ?

i was going to sell my spiderbox 7000 and get dm-800 clone glad i arnt now
i dont need hd as i have spiderbox i want none hd box for upstairs
i want a Dreambox DM 7000 S do they still sell dm 7000 clone or dreambox 7020
anyone know good seller
btw just seen a dreambox 7020 si wots i stand for

Last edited:
If you dont want HD just buy a DM600S clone for around 80 -85 quid..takes internal 2.5inch hard disk for PVR, swappable tuners...can run Rytec 7 day sly EPG which is very good..

PM me his detials as well please mate...cracking price if it got tuner L3, Sim2.01, SS 76 etc..
Have you used this contact before, is he reliable ?

i dont want to be responsible if any thing goes wrong,

but things look good, ive done a company search and it never appears on the scam sites and ive had said person on my msn contacts list for at least 2 years lol and the msn addy hasnt changed so if they did scam im sure they'd get loads of hassle on there.

infact the contact person is a woman and not a man but not that it matters.

the box is a dm800 the only hd box they sell at the min so again if a scammer they'd tell you you could have any box you want, it has the 76 bootloader and has the original tuner in it (made in japan) not china.

its 153 usd with 38 usd dhl delivery to my door, postage may be different for you based on location but i cant see it being much difference.

reason its cheaper uk is the exchange rate (at the minute, it could go up) when i checked earlier to the usd is pretty good again (it was pants a month or so back iirc).

all in to me 192 usd which i convertered to 125 and some pennies uk money to my door with dhl and marked as a gift. (edit: 126 and some pennies now damn exchange rate changing.)

only downer is no paypal its western union only, shite i know but for single orders thats what they take, i think they take card payments for large orders.

there not pushy either which is good as scammers usually want you to go ahead with it, these have been nothing but pleasant and let me ask questions and replied in good time.

i will send msn details via pm once i ask permission of the seller.

ive still to gather some spare cash before i place my order so its on your head if you order before me.

right just been on msn with the seller, there not really happy i pass on the details lol, reason? well there the manufacturers and not the retailers they say they dont want to sell boxes one by one because of this.

the reason its 153 usd aswell is that is what they sell them for in bulk per piece.

it seems they must think they've delt with me before hence why im on there msn contact list (for at least 2 yrs) and they've agreed to send me a test unit for the 153 usd price (usually bulk price)

now they think for some reason i cant think why that its a test unit and i will be buying in bulk once the test unit has been tested lmao....

think tbh the only way to get them at that price or even from them is to get a bulk buy order.

not really the actions of a scammer is it, turning down orders.

there legit by the looks of it but not a retailer or a peng type, these are the manufacturers basically the first stage the factory,

the lady works in the marketing department and deals with the retailers, seems im on her list as a retailer.

sorry if thats a shitter but it looks like im only going to be able to get one for myself at that price too unless i order bulk after that which i cant afford lol.

sorry if i got your hopes up, i shouldnt have mentioned it really.

hmm thats interesting.

Its interesting that this thread started at the beginning of the year, I believe the 5 or so HD channels that we all have trouble with (e.g. Sly SP HD1, DiscoveryHD etc) have been a long standing problem with DM800 Clones and its now Sept 2010 and nothing has changed.

I am positive the fault exists elsewhere in the clone DM800's main board, or its a software issue!!!

As you say, there are many variables and I believe some people are having some success with various tweaks like in-line amps etc but this is only a balancing act that they just happened to hit it right. This explains why it doesn't help everyone.

The Clone makers need to get their act together and nail this problem once and for all and they need to start looking elsewhere, not the Tuner!

I have one of the latest Clone boxes. The tuner is Rev.L3 and the main board is Rev.L. THE HD PROBLEM STILL EXISTS!!!!!
I have tried an Koenig Inline Amp, it doesn't even make the minutest of difference!!!
AND HERE'S THE BIG TEST, I have a genuine DM800 along side the latest Clone DM800 box. The genuine DM800 works flawlessly on the same Dish & LNB that the Clone fails on. I swapped the genuine DM800 tuner into the Clone box and the results are EXACTLY the same, DiscoveryHD and the usual suspect channels are unwatchable but the other frequencies work fine. Thats the latest clone hardware with the Genuine DM800 tuner!!!!

So lets stop wasting our time and money p***ing about with tweaks like in-line amps, cable lengths, tuners and dish sizes!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm f***ing fed up with these chinese makers getting away with pushing out shit!!!

The genuine DM800 works perfectly with my dish, LNB & cable. The DM800 clone doesn't. The DM800 clone doesn't even work with the Genuine DM800's tuner so as far as I'm concerned it ain't the bloody tuner!!!

Several months have been wasted with people tweaking the crap out of the variables to get a satisfactory result and in most cases still failing.

Yes, there are many variables, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that in the tests I did above, if the Genuine DM800 works, then it should be possible to get the Clone to work too, if only we could get to the root of the problem, instead of trying to mask it out with tweaks!

Sorry to rant and I hope no-one takes offence at this message, unless your a clone manufacturer, then in that case, I'm not sorry at all, get you f***ing s**t together!!!

;-)

Last edited:
I think it is the tuner .

I have three Dm800 clones here, two are satellite and one is still Dvbc.
Each box is from differing suppliers. I have two original Dm800 tuners from satstore and each box works flawlessly on all Dvbs2 channels.

So there goes your theory m8.:proud:

What happens if put the clone L3 tuner into the original DM800 ? Do you start getting HD issues ???
I had glitch issues with my L3 tuner, a inline Amp fixed most of the issues, but I still wanted the tuner swapped. new tuner is currently in transit waiting for it to arrive.
The worst of it is that cheapo 90 quid Solomend HD 800 boxes dont have any glitching issues...

sirius5e said:
So there goes your theory m8.:proud:

Not really because by installing a different tuner, all your doing is tweaking the parameters again just like those people that strike lucky and get the balance right with an in-line amp added to the equation!

If it was as simple a case of the tuner only, my genuine tuner would have worked in the clone, if you read my detailed tests, its clear that there is something else in the DM800 clone that does not operate as well as the Genuine DM800 from a signal & frequency perspective. All your doing is compensating for the real problem!!

Last edited:
Back