White screens.

popol

New Member ++
Reaction score
I have just bought a supercard and super key.I have flashed my ds light version 5. I am trying to play a game dowloaded on the net which I have loaded onto my supercard>When I boot up I get the supercard logo then there is a menu on the top screen with the loaded game>I press A and it uploads but I get a white screen>Could someone help me please.I have done a search with no result.Thanks.

did you patch the game with the supercard software ?

goto http://eng.supercard.cn/download.htm and download the latest version patcher software and firmware for your type supercard

update the firmware on your supercard by simply running the update file

patch roms with the patcher on your pc and then transfer the patched rom and save file to the supercard/memcard

btw.. there was no need to use flashme v5 when you have a passkey (unless it is one of the old huge bulky ones) and v5 is quite old

also www.scdev.info is a great supercard support site, you may want to to visit that site

Thanks but I have just sorted it out it is now working.For the benefit of others I have upgraded the firmware to ver 1.81.

im having the white screen problem with two ds using r4 ive tried 14 different roms all i get is white screens except with two games which are all black,ive updated to v1.13 still wont work ive tried 2 2gig cards a sandisk and a corsair and ive formated them both as fat32 i hope someone can help soon as they are my kids crimbo pressies

im having the white screen problem with two ds using r4 ive tried 14 different roms all i get is white screens except with two games which are all black,ive updated to v1.13 still wont work ive tried 2 2gig cards a sandisk and a corsair and ive formated them both as fat32 i hope someone can help soon as they are my kids crimbo pressies

Have you put the roms in the root of the R4 and NOT in another folder???

Should look like this.

Curly

yes i did and on the ds you can see the files its just when you press a it loads the files and then thats it no further

yes i did and on the ds you can see the files its just when you press a it loads the files and then thats it no further

I've never seen this before m8.

Are all the system folders there as per the screenshot above??

Are the games definatly unrared correctly and .nds file type??

Only other thing I can think of is take the battery off the DS to reset it and start again.

Hope you get it sorted m8

Curly

tried removing the battery no change all the files are as in your picture ive tried v1.1/1.2/1.3 tried some more games crazy pig went to second advert screen and stuck but everythings exactly the same in two ds's with r4s swapped about two different sd cards ive downloaded sight training which people have reported as working thing is mp3s work ok im converting an avi at the moment ill see how that goes and tommorrow ill get another sd but if anyones any more ideas it would be much appreciated

have they change thr r4ds cartridges i throught you could only use 1mb cards

apparently 2gig are ok higher than that uses a different file system or something, anyway just to update i converted an avi and it plays ok in the ds so movies and mp3s work but roms dont hope that helps someone to help me please

@ gritz,

I've been wondering about the problem you've been having m8.
You've used 2 sd cards..............same problem
You've used 2 R4's....................same problem
You've used 2 DS's....................same problem
Different roms, different firmware versions.....same problem.

The only constant here seems to be the system files on the R4.

I'm wondering if you have a corrupt file from the cd you got with your R4??

I've copied all my system files using V1.10 firmware that I know are working and bug free. I've included a small rom that I know works.

I've uploaded it to media fire here.
It's 16.5 Mb and in rar format

Format your sd card and try these files. If they work you can update the firmware or try the different roms you've got. Hopefully you should have a starting point to find the problem m8

Curly

thanks curly ill give it a go now and get back to you i was gonna ask if someone could upload a rom they know works but i didint know if it was allowed.

its working i dont know why but now im chuffed to bits i was starting to panic thanks curly youve been a great help

@Curly, credit where it's due mate you're an absolute diamond. You've just made those kids Christmas day a bit better. Well done mate.

@Curly, credit where it's due mate you're an absolute diamond. You've just made those kids Christmas day a bit better. Well done mate.

Thanks m8.

It was after he said they were for xmas prezzies it became a challange lol
I ended up having the idea about a corrupt system file at work and had a play when I got home.

Isn't it nice when threads have a happy ending :)

Curly

Back