Which plasma TV?

prim@l

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just need your opinion(s) on the following TV's and which 1 YOU would keep. Either one will cost me £399 and will be brand new boxed with warranty.

1. PS50B451B2WXXU- 50" Samsung Plasma TV

very.co.uk item number: PY1441T

OR:

2. TX-P50C10B - 50" Panasonic Plasma TV
very.co.uk item number: PY302

I did put specs of each TV and a link for each but it would not let me post it so had to cut it down to the above.

would have to agree with Nara....samsung are good value for money but the panasonic will be better overall

panasonic

can you post the link where your getting it for £400 please

i wud buy a panasonic at 399 too , could we have a link ? pretty please

I'm guessing he is getting them elsewhere as the Panny is showing as £999 on very.co.uk and the sammy as £599.

I am getting them from Very for that price. Just before xmas they had the panny on for £499. I bought it using a 20% off code, in fact I ordered 2 as my neighbour wanted one as well. I had to apply for a new very account and wait for the transaction to be authorised by their credit department. I thought I might not get the 2 TV’s from Very so ordered one from Littlewoods just in case, but their price was £525(but again I used a 20% off code-inc delivery the panny is about £405).

The Littlewoods order was processed and have had the panny delivered before xmas. But the Very order did not go through so I called them up had a bit of a banter with the call centre rep who adv me he cant authorise anything but would speak to his manager, he then came back and offered me the Samsung for £399, I said I ordered 2 TV’s so he went back to his manager so they now have authorised 2 Samsung Plasmas at £399 each. I’m expecting delivery on 08/01.

My neighbour has the Panny at his still boxed since before Xmas and I’m waiting for the 2 Samsungs to be delivered; in the meantime I need to make a decision on which TV to keep. I might sell one of the remaining TV’s for £500 so my own TV should work out at around £300!

I am getting them from Very for that price. Just before xmas they had the panny on for £499. I bought it using a 20% off code, in fact I ordered 2 as my neighbour wanted one as well. I had to apply for a new very account and wait for the transaction to be authorised by their credit department. I thought I might not get the 2 TV’s from Very so ordered one from Littlewoods just in case, but their price was £525(but again I used a 20% off code-inc delivery the panny is about £405).

The Littlewoods order was processed and have had the panny delivered before xmas. But the Very order did not go through so I called them up had a bit of a banter with the call centre rep who adv me he cant authorise anything but would speak to his manager, he then came back and offered me the Samsung for £399, I said I ordered 2 TV’s so he went back to his manager so they now have authorised 2 Samsung Plasmas at £399 each. I’m expecting delivery on 08/01.

My neighbour has the Panny at his still boxed since before Xmas and I’m waiting for the 2 Samsungs to be delivered; in the meantime I need to make a decision on which TV to keep. I might sell one of the remaining TV’s for £500 so my own TV should work out at around £300!

You had a touch there mate lol !

Where abouts are you ? would be interested in one of the tv's if ya selling.... ( in line with forum rules of course ) :)

Id keep the panny, but also want to buy the panny PMSL ! Sammy will do though, only for gaming ! lol

You had a touch there mate lol !

Where abouts are you ? would be interested in one of the tv's if ya selling.... ( in line with forum rules of course ) :)

Id keep the panny, but also want to buy the panny PMSL ! Sammy will do though, only for gaming ! lol

I'm in the Mids but my mate has said he wants to buy one of the TV's for £500 unless your offering more!?. Looks like I will:

Sell 1 Samsung to neighbour (cost price £399)
Sell 1 Samsung to a mate - £500

So the Panny will end up costing me £299!:proud:

I bought a Panasonic G10 46inch from very just before xmas. It was supposed to be £699 but arrived marked (dent on the back) so talked them into 20% off. All in all a G10 46 inch for £540 was a steal.

Anyway, I agree - Panasonic all the way! Amazing sets

Back