which image do i put on my dm500s and cam had 3 yrs need help thanks in advance

1garth69

Inactive User
Reaction score
i bought 2 boxes years ago for me and my bro but never got around to it bit of a novice but done some homwork got dream up and dcc had a play loading apli image with dcc and bricked my box but fixed it with dream up please someone give me a push in the right direction thanks garth

commando is better for using,,, women hate pli images,, all images come with no cams installed,, im sure members on here will help as long as you do a bit of legwork yourself,

Most stable image i used & still use is Nabilosat max var v0.8

In terms of most up to date image it's OpenPLI which gets nightly builds also very stable and has a built in downlaods server from which you can download the cams you need and other plugins. Also supports Rytec XMLtv EPG. The Maxvar version is prefrable for a DM500 because it's lighweight minus all the un-needed bloatware.

Commando is also very good, good built in EPG, and runs light. If you have clone DM500 unuts, avoid any recent Gemini images they contain clone killer code which will overwrite your bootlaoder and brick your box...then you'll ned a JTAG to recover it.

hi garth if the box is to use as a server i would go for one of the pli image if its just for a cline box i would go with the newist commondo witch is 14.4 it is the best image for your epg data with lots of work from 2 members on here paphosal and lraizer thats my lot for you

In terms of most up to date image it's OpenPLI which gets nightly builds also very stable and has a built in downlaods server from which you can download the cams you need and other plugins. Also supports Rytec XMLtv EPG. The Maxvar version is prefrable for a DM500 because it's lighweight minus all the un-needed bloatware.

Commando is also very good, good built in EPG, and runs light. If you have clone DM500 unuts, avoid any recent Gemini images they contain clone killer code which will overwrite your bootlaoder and brick your box...then you'll ned a JTAG to recover it.

sorry to jump the thread.. but ive tried OpenPli on both a dm600 and dm500s (clones) and neither box will boot.. the red and green lights just stay on with a black screen on TV.
BUT... the older Pli Jade 3 runs ok on both...
cheers
DiGG

Yes the newer Open Pli images for the Dm600 all contain a newer bootloader that wont work on clones .
I have a patched Open Pli image from about a year ago on my 600,anything newer wont work.

As for the best image for a 500s ,definitely the Commando 14.4 ,I switched to it after using Pli for years,and the Commando is far superior .

Don't make the mistake of thinking that because E1 OpenPLi gets a nightly build, therefore it is the most up to date image. It isn't. It actually dates back to 2009, when all Team PLi E1 development effectively ceased, and they focused entirely on E2 dev.

Very little has happened to the E1 OpenPLi image during the past two years. We told them how to include tun support for OpenVPN (a fix found by Satsearching), and a vastly improved Radio Times EPG download script by LraiZer. Both of these mods are in the current PLi builds.

Cheers- AL :)

openpli phantomdark v05 by Turko, has both cccam and mgcamd pre installed, nice slick black boot & menu screens plus the pli add ons server in the menu. Give it a try.

Back