need some help with my dm500

slyboxhd

DW Member ++
Reaction score
hello
i need some help with my dm500, i bought the box off guy with 12 month sub but after 3 months he did a runner :sad: so did ALOT of reading on how to put a line in the box and found that the box had a password on it in dcc ( not the normal defualt "dreambox" ) but a m8 that got caught out like me found out the password :proud: so have got the line in the box ( same as the outher line ) and delleted the one that dosent work but the box still wont open up pay channels :confused: if anyone could till me how to get the line active, i would be very greatfull. ( have try'd restarting softcam and turned it of and on again )
thanks in advance for any help

Are you sure the line is working?

hello
yip im sure it works, have had it running on my tm5402hd with no problems, wot would i have to do to get it to connect??
thanks for your help

to check my lines ok i enter the ip of my box in the internet browser on pc followed by :16001/ heres an example http://192.168.1.100:16001/ her you can see if theres any cards active

had a look and theres no clinet, must have done somthing wrong? after you put the line in though dcc is there anything you have to do to get the line to connect or is it smothing you need to do in dcc?

had a look and theres no clinet, must have done somthing wrong? after you put the line in though dcc is there anything you have to do to get the line to connect or is it smothing you need to do in dcc?

no mate, have you ckecked your network settings an clicked on test network now, start/restart network now first then test if its ok,, if no joy restart box ,, have you installed cam in var/bin/emu

no mate, have you ckecked your network settings an clicked on test network now, start/restart network now first then test if its ok,, if no joy restart box ,, have you installed cam in var/bin/emu

cheers will try that, would i have to installe a cam if the box was working before?

if it worked b4 then youv got cam installed,, press the blue button then Commando Extras Menu then Softcam menu an you will see iff CCcam is installed and enabled

Edit,, dont know if its my pishy 1 meg internet connection but i sometime have to wait a few minutes for the channel to clear/work or if its a bug with commando,, prob my connection tbh

Last edited:

this might sound silly but i cant seam to find where you can test the network, when i go though setup/system setting/network it shows enable network, dhcp and the ip/netmask/nameserver/gateway and then save or cancel, where am i going wrong? the box has openpli image on it.
when you say restart the box, do you mean turn it off and on again with the remote or at plug or is there a sub menu im missing?

this might sound silly but i cant seam to find where you can test the network, when i go though setup/system setting/network it shows enable network, dhcp and the ip/netmask/nameserver/gateway and then save or cancel, where am i going wrong? the box has openpli image on it.
when you say restart the box, do you mean turn it off and on again with the remote or at plug or is there a sub menu im missing?

on pli image it dont have a test network feature,when you went into the settings for the network,dchp and that
you save them then exit out of the menu,then press/hold the standby button then it should give you a option
to re-start enigma,reboot,shutdown

ok mate i took it for granted you were using commando img. its been a very long time since iv used enigma images/pli so im out, time for someone else to help you buddy,,,,,, if you want to install commando ill stay on an help you with that,,, commando is a nicer image to use,, your choice

if it worked b4 then youv got cam installed,, press the blue button then Commando Extras Menu then Softcam menu an you will see iff CCcam is installed and enabled

Edit,, dont know if its my pishy 1 meg internet connection but i sometime have to wait a few minutes for the channel to clear/work or if its a bug with commando,, prob my connection tbh

when i press the blue button i dont get commando extras menu, just get dreambox setting but can see softcam setup and in it can see channel:utv,---default(grey'd out)
provider:bsykb---cccam-2.2.1
default softcam---cccam-2.2.1
cardserver--- --none--
auto reconnect cahandle
then save/list stickies/cardinfo/save and restart cam/restart cardserver
iv hit the save and restart cam after i put the line into the box though ftp on dcc
my internet is bad to man im working of a 3g dongial (pay as you go, no bills, happydays, can work with the ode frezze now and then)
could it be somthing to do with the way iv put the line into the box?
i put the line same as i saw the line int the file, its a N line and was put in under the file name cccam.cfg, have read alot of pep's saying that a line should be in under the file name ccam and that the N: at the start of the line should be taken out??
i thought to put as was and should work??

ok mate i took it for granted you were using commando img. its been a very long time since iv used enigma images/pli so im out, time for someone else to help you buddy,,,,,, if you want to install commando ill stay on an help you with that,,, commando is a nicer image to use,, your choice

thanks for all your help, i would put that image on tonight but my internet is messing about bigtime tonight, would take a long time to download the image etc, if cant get sort'd and your on tomorrow night i could do it alot faster as would be at the other halfs, where will have good internet speed, again thanks for all your help :Clap:

on pli image it dont have a test network feature,when you went into the settings for the network,dchp and that
you save them then exit out of the menu,then press/hold the standby button then it should give you a option
to re-start enigma,reboot,shutdown
: thanks : iv try'd that, i reboot'd the box but still no difrance? do you think that i would need to change the file name to cccam as i have it in under cccam.cfg? or would i have to re-start enigma?

: thanks : iv try'd that, i reboot'd the box but still no difrance? do you think that i would need to change the file name to cccam as i have it in under cccam.cfg? or would i have to re-start enigma?

no probs,, it has to be named exactly CCcam as iv typed that could be your prob

edit: then remove power/reboot box

no probs,, it has to be named exactly CCcam as iv typed that could be your prob

edit: then remove power/reboot box

just had a thought does the dm500 update its channel list, cus the channel list on this box would be over a year old if it doesnt and the frequancy's will have changed that might be why the line is't working? altough can still get now epg on sky 1

just had a thought does the dm500 update its channel list, cus the channel list on this box would be over a year old if it doesnt and the frequancy's will have changed that might be why the line is't working? altough can still get now epg on sky 1

look'd up trough the web, like you said in first post and still know client

if its e1 go here >>> Enigma 1 Channel Lists

if its e2 image go here >>> Enigma 2 Channel Lists
these are the latest services and bouquets

Back