which freeview HDMI recorder box to go for?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of a free view box, something that is HDMI and also has the ability to record "series", don't want an up-scaler.....any recommendations?

Thanks

Humax do decent/reliable stuff, my mother-in-law is still running a 9200T (not HD) and has it full of "mid summer murders". I think the HDR-FOX-T2 is the current HD recordable with series link

I've the same PVR9200T, still trusty as ever (apart from the rare crash) and it gets hammered every day. Humax are deffo a great brand for freeview recorders and I would buy another Humax if mine ever died, fingers crossed it won't!

With the single tuner, I think the HDR-Fox-T2 can only record 1 channel at a time and you can watch another channel on the same multiplex only, where as the my old one can record 2 and still watch a 3rd.

Thanks for that, just had a check of the pvr9200T and it's scart only?

Your dreambox will do that though so why shell out more money mate, what do them do differently!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

dream box is another room, yeah I could stream from it to a laptop connected to the LCD in the spare room, or one of them HDMI senders (I looked at in the capture thread) really the spare room is just for kicking back, so I could walk into the lounge and watch TV from there, was just thinking of a free sat HDMI, I have a PS3 as a media player in there, and I could all ways stick in a 360 and get the dream box working on it that way but it's a lot of faff on, that's when I thought it be handy for a free view recorder in there for the odd TV episode record, saying that though, might as well just grab them off a torrent or a newsgroup and stream them back via the PS3.....just bored I guess...lol

Dibbers check out ebay for a SMARTBOX 8320HD
freeview HD
320GB HDD
wifi included
iplayer

FETCH was pushing these for the pay services until they went into administration, but the box works well for a standard HD Freeview recoder

some people have problems with theres but mine has been rock solid for as long as Ive had it
:)
TECHNIKA SMARTBOX 8320HD FREEVIEW HD RECORDER | eBay

yeah dibbers its only SD, hence no HDMI, was just pointing out they were a good brand.

that one of Rat's is more like it, twin tuner, but like you say its cheaper to stream the progs from a pc or ps3, you can't be that bored :)

Back