Which firmware for ex5000 PVR ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

recently got myself one of these as it was going cheap, just waiting on a 160G HDD.

I have noticed 2 f/wares ou for it though -

Normal AU 5000pvr fix and

AU 5000pvr fix with autosort feature.

What is this autosort feature ? Which one should i go for ??

Also can i just flash the box now and get it up and running then add the HDD when i aqquire one.

Cheers

Hi
i tried this box with 160g hard drive could not get to work so be careful box froze out
kind regards bobby

Hi
i tried this box with 160g hard drive could not get to work so be careful box froze out
kind regards bobby

Cheers. What would you recommend then 80G or 120G. I can easily get a 120G hdd.

Cheers

Hi
kind regards bobby

The box is only quoted as working with a 80Gb/120Gb hard-drive - It needs to have the ide pins showing....ie without a plastic shroud around them.

The box is only quoted as working with a 80Gb/120Gb hard-drive - It needs to have the ide pins showing....ie without a plastic shroud around them.

Seagate Momentus 5400.3 ST9120822A - Hard drive - 120 GB - internal - 2.5" - ATA-100 - 5400 rpm - buffer: 8 MB. This one works perfectly..

Seagate Momentus 5400.3 ST9120822A - Hard drive - 120 GB - internal - 2.5" - ATA-100 - 5400 rpm - buffer: 8 MB. This one works perfectly..

Nice one - I thought it was a seagate but couldn't remember which one

just found program called VOXER, has anyone created a CDF file with all channels sorted as virgin or in order ? ie 001 - bbc1, 002 - bbc2 etc

Cheers

just found program called VOXER, has anyone created a CDF file with all channels sorted as virgin or in order ? ie 001 - bbc1, 002 - bbc2 etc

Cheers

You need to find someone in the same area as you with a channel list - CDF file - Look in the downloads section, i'm sure some have been posted in there

Got to say find it drustrating at the moment compared to ntl box, used to be able to just scroll through channels without changing them but can not with this....

Also the time was set at GMT+1 so i set it right in setting and now all listings are 1 hour ahead.

Is there anyway to just scroll through channels or do you have to go through EPG menu.

Cheers for advice guys.

Back