Mitsubishi L200 – ABS warning light

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
I have a Mitsubishi L200 with the ABS warning light on, just happened recently, I’ve tried breaking hard a few times and the ABS seems to be working. The fault went on and off a few times before coming on permanently, I have a cheap aldi OBD11 reader which I’ve tried but it does say will not work with ABS or SRS airbag systems.

I’m not au fait with cars/vans. Can anyone give me some guidance for things to check before going to a garage, or would it be worth getting one of those Bluetooth/wi-fi OBD11 readers to turn it off and see if it persists? (Recommendations for a novice) Any advice welcome.PICT1538.JPGPICT1541.JPG

Faulty sensor somewhere. Have you kerbed it by any chance? . Could be wheel speed sensor. Needs hooking up to a diagnosis machine to confirm.

Last edited:
If you have breakdown cover you might try phoning them when you're in car over a mile away from home and tell them about the ABS light and telm them the breaking seems poor. Their attending engineer maybe able to advise the fault and would probably reset the fault code in OBD2 if that is the cause.

Faulty sensor somewhere. Have you kerbed it by any chance? . Could be wheel speed sensor. Needs hooking up to a diagnosis machine to confirm.
No mate not kerbed it, I'll get someone to hook it up to a OBD, cheers.
If you have breakdown cover you might try phoning them when you're in car over a mile away from home and tell them about the ABS light and telm them the breaking seems poor. Their attending engineer maybe able to advise the fault and would probably reset the fault code in OBD2 if that is the cause.
Thanks, don't have breakdown cover unfortunately.

Do you know a friend that does. These days, usually the cover is for the person as driver or passenger and covers any vehicle they are travelling in.

If there is a load of crap around cv joint the sensor might not read it correctly but is handier to locate the correct area to look first.
Codes need reading

Do you know a friend that does. These days, usually the cover is for the person as driver or passenger and covers any vehicle they are travelling in.

I’d looked at breakdown cover recently as my daughters was due, was going to get it together. The main problem is, if you look at the T&C most of the cheaper companies exclude vans/pickups/ or small commercial vehicles over a certain length or used for work, so even if you or a friend had that breakdown cover, my pickup is generally excluded. I do appreciate your input mate, thanks.
If there is a load of crap around cv joint the sensor might not read it correctly but is handier to locate the correct area to look first.
Codes need reading

I have sent for one of these ELM 327 WiFi OBD2 Car Diagnostics Scanner Code Reader for iOS AND Android OBD | eBay we have 3 vehicles in the family, will not be a waste of a tenner even if it locates this fault, cheers.

best would be something that can connect to a laptop and do a wide range of cars like delphi. these can be picked up for about £50 quid

best would be something that can connect to a laptop and do a wide range of cars like delphi. these can be picked up for about £50 quid

One of the reasons I chose the OBD2 in the link I posted was its WI FI, and if you read the description he will; give you some free or limited software Torque/Dash command – for windows/android/apple if you request it. I can get my pickup on my drive within 3 mtrs of my desktop, if not use my phone. Two daughters have laptops I can borrow, I’ll post back as to how it works.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Mitsubishi

============1==============
U1102
Raw code: D102
ECU: Engine control unit
Status: Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request
Mitsubishi: SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Primary Id; ASC/TCL/ABS timeout/Not equipped

This is what it is reporting, not got time at the moment so will have a look tomorrow and probably check things on the pickup, It needs to be read by a garage I think.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Mitsubishi

============1==============
U1102
Raw code: D102
ECU: Engine control unit
Status: Validated and stored in non volatile memory, Validated fault present at time of request
Mitsubishi: SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Primary Id; ASC/TCL/ABS timeout/Not equipped

This is what it is reporting, not got time at the moment so will have a look tomorrow and probably check things on the pickup, It needs to be read by a garage I think.
Another one of today's cons to screw the general public. It's looking like possibly main dealer software only to read. Now that is a pain and a huge chunk out of your wallet.😔

Must recheck my 1989 Mitsubishi as i thought that was eobd socket.

I have had a few that wont talk to some cars and make sure it mentions Your Make.

ahh lists Autoboss.v30 which i have +suitcase of adapters.

@willin

Found this on YouTube which might help.

Suggests...Accelerator pedal sensor 2 position

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

what year is the car as per 2005 do not have odb2
delphi should work as per link

No obd conection k74 2001
It's a 2007 B40 4D56 engine, so the newer engine to a 2005 which I think are KB?
@willin

Found this on YouTube which might help.

Suggests...Accelerator pedal sensor 2 position

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I'll check that out mate, thanks. My missus has been a bit poorly so I havn't had a chance yet.

Back