Sensible Topic eBuyer is getting worse

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
Apart from the grief I had a while back with a laptop and a RMA, which wasn't approved, artificially, by some clown with a phone on his ear.

I wish to bring this to the attention of this shite company. I'll soon go into full detail about the debacle of the story above, but first, indulge me. I know they will blame suppliers, that should not be MY problem.

I buy a Philips monitor, nothing massive, just a decent monitor for a PC I'm building for my 70yo dad. There is a separate power supply brick, OK, that's normal.

What isn't normal is that there isn't a IEC cable that will either plug into the brick, or a UK socket, at the same time.

That's an IEC60320 C13, do you see a C14 socket on the power supply? No Nether do I.

What the hell is this shaver plug thing? It's a C7, yet the PSU brick has the polarised version. I can't win with either of those eBuyer. I literally can't power the monitor with the supplied cables.

• One has a UK power end but wont fit the power brick.
  • The other has a EU shaver plug for the wall socket and the other end is incompatible with the power brick.
  • Random power cables thrown into the box?
  • Disgusting...

I didn't want to buy from eBuyer, as they have became totally shit for quality and customer service recently. To get all the components I needed, in time, I had to use them. Most of the rest was Amazon, I compared prices and a lot of Amazon ones were cheaper. £44 for mouse and keyboard, £17 on Amazon...

Thanks, eBuyer for fucking things up as has became usual. No doubt I'l be speaking to a lackwit clown on Monday who has zero technical knowledge and points me towards Philips. No chance matey, you are sorting this out.

A monitor without a way of powering it? Really, eBuyer?

1576946926006.jpeg
1576946940166.jpeg
1576946955439.jpeg
1576946972003.jpeg

1576946988914.jpeg

Last edited:
Back