Where's the best place to report bugs with the TWIN?

F1Mad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Even though I'm on the 29-03-2012 image at present, which *is* a lot more stable than previous releases, I'm still experiencing a couple of what I would consider reasonably serious bugs.

So, where's the best place to report them? Here? Or directly to TM?

Seeing as I can reproduce one of these, I thought I'd do my bit to help get to the bottom of some of these issues. After all, I think the basis of this box is a good one and I'd *really* like it to do well.

So, for those that obviously know who's been working on these images, where's the best place to report bugs?

Everywhere. The more people that know the more chance there is of someone reproducing and reporting it. I'd post it here, ###############.com and either phone or email Technomate directly, but report back on forums what you're told by them, either to share or see if you've been bs'd off.

Sorry no mentioning other forums, this forum was acceptable as a beta test forum but it is no longer acceptable, the owner of tm reads what is posted on this forum otherwise if you phone or email them they are very helpful ellie1998

Last edited by a moderator:
Id just post it in this section mate
I know TM read this forum :)

It seems as there is an issue with versions of images being hosted.

I would recommend that you download the 29/03/12 image again from the h p://download.for-better.biz/bbs/main.php site.

Thanks guys, I've already started doing this now. :)

It seems as there is an issue with versions of images being hosted.

I would recommend that you download the 29/03/12 image again from the h p://download.for-better.biz/bbs/main.php site.

I had downloaded it from that domain, but I think there were 2 links (but slightly different) on 2 separate threads in this section. Either way, the TFT display reports 29/03/2012 during boot up, and the info screen also gives the same image date. Do you still think I need to change this?

Once you have the new image downloaded and put on a formatted USB

Do a factory reset
Off from rear for 1 minute
And start the flashing process :)

Sent from my iPhone

Yes please download again. Delete any existing copies to avoid confusion.

Ok mate, to avoid confusion about what is the correct link, can you post it on this thread please?

What has happened with the 29/03/2012 image is that the version that was uploaded there somehow became/was corrupt. People have downloaded a corrupt image which is causing errors. I was going to return my one and get a refund.
The image should have the following attributes: size 60,780,612. size on disk 60,784,640 If anyone is experiencing errors. If the details you have are different, then you will have issues.

In response to the other thread you posted, I have just now recorded two encrypted channels on two satellites, both recorded and played back fine.

TM have been requested and given directions on how to ensure there is data integrity. The ball is in their court to claw back their reputation. If they want to give ammunition to their competitors and/or their supporters, then that is up to them.

Other issues that are present on the 29/03/2012 image are:
1. Time shift does not play back from the the beginning when you press play. It continues to record in the background. The user thinks that it is not time-shifting when it actually is. You have to fiddle about with the controls and rewind back to the beginning. It did work flawlessly before so next image should be an easy fix. I don't know what they will break in its place.
2. I have been unable to get Oscam to read from/connect to the reader. CCcam works fine.
3. As previously mentioned, the CAM modules do not work.

Best place to post bugs is here mate but notice you still havent actually posted the bug that you can re-produce. Unless its in another thread, post the bug and how you come across it and I will see if the same happens on mine as I am also along with most other using 29/03/12

Download center
This is what TM uploaded them selfs so is the official release

Thanks, Rat. I'm reflashing with that image as we speak!

What has happened with the 29/03/2012 image is that the version that was uploaded there somehow became/was corrupt. People have downloaded a corrupt image which is causing errors. I was going to return my one and get a refund.
The image should have the following attributes: size 60,780,612. size on disk 60,784,640 If anyone is experiencing errors. If the details you have are different, then you will have issues.

Whoops, sorry abu-baniaz, I somehow missed this post! I couldn't check the size of the original zip because I deleted it once I'd expanded it (so all I have is the original, expanded "update" folder). Anyway, have just downloaded the image that Rat linked to above, and that indeed is "Size 57.9 MB (60,780,612 bytes), Size on Disk 57.9 MB (60,784,640 bytes)". But isn't that dependent on the HDD's filesystem (ie could be different on an ext4 partition?)?

In response to the other thread you posted, I have just now recorded two encrypted channels on two satellites, both recorded and played back fine.

I'm afraid I've had a few more recording disasters - I'll be sure to post in that other thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/284373/

To be honest, because of the recording issues, I think I'm going to try to return this box. If I can't reliably record a show when I'm away, then I'm afraid that's a massive step backwards compared to my MediaCenter and MythTV setups :(

I'm giving it one last chance, though, by ensuring that I have the latest image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back