where would i go to ask a question about pipe threading?

Does it need to be unscrewed or can be left as one unit?

i needed to unscrew it because one battery couldnt last the day so i needed extra batterys. now the threads. am gonna buy a new battery then try and get it sealed some way and use the usb but at the minute have got me desktop. 230 an ounce

desktop no good when am on the go.

dont get 9 bars anymore they are 3 and half ounces couple hundred quid i think. that shits a last resort. but ur idea about the wire makes good sense

dont get 9 bars anymore they are 3 and half ounces couple hundred quid i think. that shits a last resort. but ur idea about the wire makes good sense

I don't partake myself but remember someone emptying a sport bag of them onto someone's bed at a party and asking LOL.

A 10,000mAh powerbank will recharge your electrospliff a few times @joeblaze.

I don't partake myself but remember someone emptying a sport bag of them onto someone's bed at a party and asking LOL.

A 10,000mAh powerbank will recharge your electrospliff a few times @joeblaze.

ive got a decent power bank and i know that probably what ill have to do. i dont wanna spend on the old model again.

i bought a desktop because i was fedup waiting on this charging it couldnt keep up with the toking and that why i bought the spare batterys so no waiting, ill lose patience but i like the toke out of this.

i cant believe the crap we use to toke back then, the soap bar, walk miles for an eight lol

Threads on aluminium like that never last long, Maglite torches >20 years ago come to mind, solder suckers too :).

That's so thin it can't be rethreaded.

You could maybe find something to seal it with and leave it sealed and charge using USB. Would that work?

I'd probably try a thin bit of copper wire, or tinned copper, from a stranded piece of wire. From a bit of 7/0.2 or similar. Then wrap it into the thread groove in a way that it won't unravel and screw it together. Or a strip of tinfoil wrapped round it and pressed down into the groove.

am gonna give the wire a go mani think it would be handy enough. i know it only a few quid but it this doesnt seem like a big problem to solve with out dipping into the toking funds,

Just buy another or return the one you have as faulty ? As you say you already have the extra's....so it's only 90 squids.......
How much does the weed cost ?
Not that I want any by the way, just curious.

i wouldnt buy the same one if i was going to replace it just scrap the lot. the amount of money i have spent on water bubblers for this thing i could have bought a volcano breaking left right and centre 30 squids a popbut that mostly my fault

Need pics @joeblaze mate.
Im not to far away from you, i could get it milled out for you.
But need bit more info mucker.

Im heading down to HMS caroline during the week for bits and pieces that needs done. So might be able to get you on way down.
(if at all i can get whats required)
👍🏼
thanks for the offer man but i dont wanna trouble anyone too much except for advices what are you going to hms caroline for is it visiting belfast? i went in a tank a few times was in the big us navy base in virginia was mostly shopping in there lol

Last edited:
@joeblaze You could use a Herbie clip or Jubilee clip. You don’t need the tools to use a Herbie clip you can just use your hands and all you need for a Jubilee clip is a screwdriver.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
1045EE83-4A8C-4EE8-8542-784140ECA6B7.jpeg8BBBC6A9-182D-44D1-B922-AA55DA098808.jpeg

You could also drill and tap a hole on the female housing and use a grub screw or socket head cap to hold them both together, that would be my option.

Last edited:
that herbie clip looks promiseing, am gonna try the wire first cause it easier to get me hands on but that looks good. the part with the oven the button to operate the vapourizer is only about 10mm from the gap or i would have used thaat heavy duty tape. ill look into that when i get back. with the herbie clip i might be able to keep using all me batterys though.

Tape would be too much messing about and messy imo. A combination of using copper wire and the Herbie clip should hold it together nicely.

Tape would be too much messing about and messy imo. A combination of using copper wire and the Herbie clip should hold it together nicely.

Looks like the casing is the battery negative perhaps? Tape might isolate it or make it high resistance leading to quicker battery use too.

Omg the famous Herbie clip which i broke many off on fiats of long ago,heater cables and petrol pipes.

If using the screw variety a hint dont stab yourself with a screw driver as i use a 7mm or 8mm screw driver with a hex end and you cant stab yourself as it hugs the nut.

There is a thing called thread tape which you can wrap around the thread and then screw it in. If there is any heat in your vape thingy then do not use it. It has teflon in it and it will give off a poisionous gas
My thoughts

i know this is an old thread but that white tape stuff was no good it melted every time i finished a bowl. it came to me today a flash of genius, just use sewing thread, i am testing it hard and it is working so far. 100 squid saved by the look of it. ohh yeahh

there was an answer about wrapping wire round the threads but i never got anything i thought would be suitable. i wasnt even thinking about that it just flashed in me head.

this is a top tip. dont think about it and the answer will come to u eventually

Last edited:
cheers man feels good to solve a wee problem when they solution flashes in the mind like that. must be what einstein felt like. it gave me a wee boost probably a better feeling than the money involved could pay for lol

Back