Where to buy?

elmoemo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all bought a clone duo from ****** and was in horrible condition, lcd hanging off, hdmi port carried no sound and bad customer service when I complained. Anyways apart from that the box works perfect (minus the very odd tuner issue which i gather is common) I was wondering where you guys recommend buying from, i only know of *****....*****... and ****... (dont think can mention full names). Any experience buying from these? give me your insite :D

thanks
elmo

Last edited by a moderator:
never bought a clone, but bought a few original uno's and duo from world of sat....
never had a problem with them, always friendly and helpful. next day delivery.

guys..why are you buying clones ?..they are nothing but trouble...just have a read on the ferrari clone forums....theyve just bought out a v3 clone duo...they have no quality control over there in china...peeps are getting these new improved v3 boxes but still having problems....the components are sub standard, badly soldered components...they seem to be churning these out on conveyors....save a little and buy a genuinebox...i did get a clone by mistake, luckily got rid of it..didnt lose much....so my advice get original and you will have no hassle..

guys..why are you buying clones ?..they are nothing but trouble...just have a read on the ferrari clone forums....theyve just bought out a v3 clone duo...they have no quality control over there in china...peeps are getting these new improved v3 boxes but still having problems....the components are sub standard, badly soldered components...they seem to be churning these out on conveyors....save a little and buy a genuinebox...i did get a clone by mistake, luckily got rid of it..didnt lose much....so my advice get original and you will have no hassle..

Think it all comes down to price and some people out there haven't had any issues with clones like us lol.
I would agree with you about sticking to orginals though...for this box at least as I've had quite a few issues with mine and if I could turn back the clock i would certainly get an original.

I've got a clone but if I was buying again it would def be an original this time round. No way I would give any more money to Ferrari, their support is abysmal and the forums are filled with die hard mods who post when they don't have all the info and delete honest and truthful posts, talk about getting a back hander. The bottom line always seems to wait, the Ferrari team will come good and update. People have waited since August for the latest update which seems to be a crock.

Rant over.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

@Iamateaf...totally agree with you mate...over at the ferrari forum, i posted replies how lack of QC over in china and badly soldered boards that miraculously have come loose in transit have caused problems for buyers, but my replies seem to be removed, i think there is one particular bloke on there who im sure gets a backhander from ferrari to promote how good these boxes are and how this is not a problem he always seems to be on ferrari side...

@Iamateaf...totally agree with you mate...over at the ferrari forum, i posted replies how lack of QC over in china and badly soldered boards that miraculously have come loose in transit have caused problems for buyers, but my replies seem to be removed, i think there is one particular bloke on there who im sure gets a backhander from ferrari to promote how good these boxes are and how this is not a problem he always seems to be on ferrari side...

LMAO the same part who banned me for being part of the ViX team as were supposedly spies for Rupert Murdoch because we removed a post of his full of spam links etc.

mr toysoft i believe

I have a duo v2 clone luckily it's been pretty much fine . I swapped the fan for the fractal fan so I it's quieter. I'm not bothered about running newer images personally. It would be good if the intermittent tune failed issue was fixed though.
All in all I'm happy with the box. I never really expected Ferrari team to provide good support, they've always been crap for support going by their track history on dreambox 800 clones.
I agree though it is a risk to buy a vu clone from Ferrari team there is too many reports of bad quality control badly soldered LCD screens, poor PSU etc.
The Ferrari forum is also famous for deleting posts that say anything negative about Ferrari team, very easy to get banned from there. If you end up with a good duo clone happy days you can't do better for 165 quid. If it's just via psu it's easy fix as well 15 quid. The point is though you shouldn't have poor quality in the first place.
Not all clones are bad the sim2 800se clones are great bits of kit.

For all of you who bought Ferrari VU SOLO V1 or V2, we have prepared free security board upgrade. You need to pay the postage only that is aprox. less than 20 USD by DHL. We do not use regular post. Contact [email protected] to get V3 security board now. The problem is our old board is not fast enough to handle too many fast challenge requests in a row. The new board is OK. I must stress the Ferrari VU support team is not the same supporting Dreambox!!!

c+p from said forum, read into it what you will! i for one am happy with my clone running B.H.1.7.2. but i do think seeing as its their(ferrari teams) foul up they should post these boards free via HK post to all who have bought them over the last 18mnths or so (if requested),regards mdt

It doesn't seem like the v3 chip has improved anything though, newer images are still not working, haven't heard about the chip fixing the tune failed issue either..so unless Ferrari have yet to release new firmware for the v3, it looks like it's a waste of time. I e-mailed them on Friday they haven't replied..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You'd think that it would make sense to spend an extra dollar or 2 on making sure of the quality, I just can't see how having to request a replacement PSU, as suggested on the ferrari forums makes any sense for the suppliers.

Does the originals have any known issues? Like the tuner issue the clones have? I know they shouldnt but any one here have problems with an original? And is the cheapest price for an original duo 279?

mr toysoft i believe

lol yeah..thats the fella !

Does the originals have any known issues? Like the tuner issue the clones have? I know they shouldnt but any one here have problems with an original? And is the cheapest price for an original duo 279?

ive had a genuine duo for nearly a year now, bought it new, no problem. Im sure there is the odd problem that has been reported but not like the clones..lol

never had any problems with mine either, except when i've pushed too many buttons and crashed it :p

Certain revisions of the original duo apparently have memory leak issues this is from reports I've read around the net. Hardware issue, also seen reports that the tuners are not great. There are also reports of the a small number of psu failures. But yes nowhere near the frequency of faults or quality control issues reported on clones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I have heard this a few times about memory leaks

what does it mean, and how do you know if yours is affected by it??

Memory leak causes freezing,lockups, reboot loops etc on certain revisions of the original VU DUO when running images with the 3.1.1 Linux Kernel. I dont think theres been an official fix appears to be hardware problem with some revisions.

I have heard this a few times about memory leaks

what does it mean, and how do you know if yours is affected by it??

Take the Lid off and have a look at the board revision no. as far as i am aware its the initial release Duo's that suffer this problem, Revision 1.3 is not affected

Back