VU Duo

elmoemo

Inactive User
Reaction score
You have changed my mind, decided to now go for the original vu duo after christmas, no point in saving 90 quid and have issues like random tuner or over heating (as i will be recording all the time im sure lol). Where do you recommend buying from, are they available cheaper than £279? Any good add ons you recommend except epg, autotimer and 1channel?

thanks

elmo

the solo and duo maybe replaced before xmas with the next generation of boxes so stock of older boxes maybe very limited.

you can source them from germany for about £250 inc p+p with a 2 year warranty and maybe cheaper when the solo2/duo2 are released at the end of dec 2012,regards mdt

Wait for the new vu solo2 that should be out by the time your ready to buy ;)

Vu Solo2 available from 20/12/2012 @ £299 why someone would want to buy a Duo for £20 less when this Azzkicker is available just around the corner beggars belief

Vu Solo2 available from 20/12/2012 @ £299 why someone would want to buy a Duo for £20 less when this Azzkicker is available just around the corner beggars belief

the duo has 2 tuners lol

did not know this, that changes things, what does the new duo have over the solo?

Well if you would read up on new products you would probably know that the Duo2 will also have 2 tuners but will be Plug & Play type which means when the new Dual tuners make an appearence the Duo2 wil become a Quad tuner if so desired, as well as the spec Dual core 1300 mips CPU, 1GB Flash Ram & 2GB Ram

Well if you would read up on new products you would probably know that the Duo2 will also have 2 tuners but will be Plug & Play type which means when the new Dual tuners make an appearence the Duo2 wil become a Quad tuner if so desired, as well as the spec Dual core 1300 mips CPU, 1GB Flash Ram & 2GB Ram

sorry havent read anything about them in ages and only skimmed to be honest. Thanks for the info though i do appreciate, going to do some research and hopefully see how much they cost, may well be worth getting instead of the regular duo :D

sorry havent read anything about them in ages and only skimmed to be honest. Thanks for the info though i do appreciate, going to do some research and hopefully see how much they cost, may well be worth getting instead of the regular duo :D

The Solo2 will outdo the current Flagship the Ultimo with its Mips CPU and Broadcom Chipset and for nearly £100 cheaper too, definitely wait for the Solo2 at least before you make a purchase.

Good Luck

The Solo2 will outdo the current Flagship the Ultimo with its Mips CPU and Broadcom Chipset and for nearly £100 cheaper too, definitely wait for the Solo2 at least before you make a purchase.

Good Luck

yea waiting until after christmas anyway so will see how prices go, the solo 2 looks to be only about 20-30 dearer than current duo del from germany

u can buy my uno which i love..
i bet i will love the solo2 more though ...lol

apparently solo2 will boot up in 3 secs, so i read somewhere, that cannot be right can it ?

apparently solo2 will boot up in 3 secs, so i read somewhere, that cannot be right can it ?

yeah but what a lot of people are forgetting is that boot times can vary wildly due to the images installed and any plugins used etc, plus are you actually going to be sat there watching the box during bootup ? boot times make no difference at all to the running of the box so should not factor into the decision to buy one at all.

yeah but what a lot of people are forgetting is that boot times can vary wildly due to the images installed and any plugins used etc, plus are you actually going to be sat there watching the box during bootup ? boot times make no difference at all to the running of the box so should not factor into the decision to buy one at all.

I agree to some extent but at the end of the day its a Linux computer so if the Duo is classed as a dual core then the Solo2 in retrospect is a Quad core and should not only boot but run plugins faster too as well.

Before anyone says i used the term dual core and quad core as reference to speed and not the actual receivers them selves

got a choice between solo2 and duo2. actually wanted a twin tuner so solo2 it may well be

I would take that with a big pinch of salt..maybe with some ultra light weight skinny manufcaturer standard image with no useful plugins or features...which then makes it a bit pointless...So what if you can boot a useless image in 3 seconds..It's marketing propoganda..some people get impressed with stuff like that.

As mentioned already though boot up times are probably not at the top of many peoples wish lists they dont matter in your everyday running of the box.

Back