Whats your car?

steve1978

Inactive User
Reaction score
just out of interest, most people on these types of forums, are looking for a bargain or wanting something nothin (hell yeah)

what car do you drive? is it economical? is it "normal"?

I have just bought a vectra elite, 2.2 fully loaded, had it about 2 months. before it i had a lotus exige but i could only really use it for about 4 months of the year, just not realy practical. i hate the vectra though. heavy and horrible, cheap

vectra 2 litre SRi 140....:Clap:

i do love mine...you had it serviced....

Just a bog standard C4 Picasso here. 1.6 HDi.

Only had it about 12 months, but saved shed loads in fuel since getting this one and ditching the Scenic Grande 2.0.

I like it, and the missus can actually park it, so it must be some sort of magic car... Lol

Last edited:
I drive a Ford Galaxy TDI , that does about 50mpg.
Mainly because my run to my curent job is a long straight road and i can use 6th gear,lol
I love my Galaxy and so do my kids, its the most practicle car i have ever owned.
The heated front screen is a bonus on frosty mornings.
The high driving position is great and the seats are really comfy for long journeys.
I dont use the 6th & 7th seats in the boot, so the boot space is huge and doubles as a van.
We use it for camping and with a trailer behind we can even take the telly and sat dish,lol.
Our other car is a Nissan Micra DCI and is fantastic on fuel, 60mpg around town and 75mpg on a long run.
Great little town car, cheap to run insure (group 2) and tax.
Soon to get a company vehicle, which i will imagine will be a Transit van, or similar.
I wont give a monkeys about the running costs as it wont cost me a penny,lol.

5 Series BMW :D
getting around 20mpg around town tho, maybe a lot less so not cheap at all but worth it. looking to trade it in for an M3 soon! very looking forward to that.

5 Series BMW :D
getting around 20mpg around town tho, maybe a lot less so not cheap at all but worth it. looking to trade it in for an M3 soon! very looking forward to that.

Not thought about an RS4? or an S6? much nicer.

The vectra has been serviced just gone through an MOT needed a new tyre, £240 michelin Pilot Sport 2.
DAMN!

no it is a slug! very slow 0-60 is about 8 seconds i think, only get about 30mpg, got the same from the lotus but that was doing 0-60 in 4seconds!

Renault Clio Sport 172,Best car ive ever owned ... so far :Biggrin2:

looking to trade it in for an M3 soon! very looking forward to that.

£ for £ one of the best motors around, not got mine anymore needed something more practicle for the kids, why not go the whole hog a go for the M5

£ for £ one of the best motors around, not got mine anymore needed something more practicle for the kids, why not go the whole hog a go for the M5

Lol i was an audi man before, and before driving the 5 series it would have been an A6 or an S4 any day but they are way over priced for the amount of car you get. one of the best but just too expensive.

E39 M5 is my dream car (one of the best looking car i think along with an Audi A5) lol but not just yet. 3.2 litre still cheaper than 5 litre!! especially when you do 40k miles a year.

Hopefully, I'm soon going to be the owner of an Astra 1.7 SXi TDCi.

you know what i have no idea how many bhp my car has! lol any one wanna guess? 2.2 vectra elite. 06.

i reckon about 150 slug power, weighs about 2.5 tonne

150 BHP is a fast motor mate.

I had a Ford Focus with 115 BHP and it was a delight to drive.

I got a Jag S-type 3ltr V6. 240bhp runs on LPG so it's clean (less C02) and economical, works out by cost equivalent it's doing over 50MPG. Get a tax reduction too for an alternative fuel vehicle.

Mrs has got a Volvo S60 2.4ltr that runs LPG (factory fit kit) works out by cost equivalent it's doing over 70MPG.

I got a Jag S-type 3ltr V6. 240bhp runs on LPG so it's clean (less C02) and economical, works out by cost equivalent it's doing over 50MPG.

Great car! Had one for five years and would have got another, but the running costs were getting silly with the price of fuel shooting up. The LPG conversion seems to be the way to go.

Me: Mercedes C180 Kompressor. Good mpg, but parts expensive.

Mrs: Astra 1.7CDti. Noisy engine, but 60mpg! Four years old and only ever needed basic servicing. Would buy another any day of the week.

Back