Anyone recommend a Battery charger that will charge a flat battery but also jump start a car if need be

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
I put a new battery on wifes car ( 2.0L TDi) bout 6 months ago, shes working from home still and the car isnt getting used as much.

It had a long run out on tuesday but battery flat today. This has happened 2/3 times during this shit.

I think I must have an electrical fault thats draining it. Tell her to start it every couple of days but she aint listening.

Can anybody recommend a decent mains battery charger that will also be able to start a 2.0l tdi , seen them for 1200 cc etc but not one that I can hook up to her car and start it

is the battery not covered by warrenty as sounds like its not holding charge

I suppose it is Turner Mate. but i dont think theres actually anything wrong with the battery. I think something on the car is draining it constantly . I need to get someone who can find that but in mean time I want something that can start it when its flat

Parasitic drain, put a meter in series with battery and measure the current draw, you will have to 'frig' the bonnet sensor so the ECU thinks it's closed.
Then start pulling fuses and see if the current drops.

Back