What's the fastest speed you've ever driven at?

140ish im my old ST220, it felt like there was loads left but sh!t out lol.

Wouldnt go over 75-80 when i got people with me, eg family friends. True its not speed that kills but there are too many cocks on the road these days. On my own i probably wouldnt do over 90-95. My license is too precious having 6 points already. When i had the Audi, did around 145 ish then engine cuts off the power. (most modern cars come limited now). but thats some speed that i will never be doing again unless in a track day.

160mph on a yamaha genisis 1000cc so nice n the A6 on the way towards kettering when i hit a bump both wheels left the ground i absoloutly shat myself!

poxy A6 coming back from harborough way down that big long hill / straight . been there and done that myself mate haha . ended up out the seat on me old rg500 gamma . right in the dip .

Which engine sounded better floored at the top end?

Ferrari, without a shadow of a doubt.

Was very disappointed with the Lambo, it's made for idiots, there really wasn't anything exciting about driving it unlike the Ferrari.

Coupled with the dash being lifted directly from an Audi and it just wasn't the experience i expected.

Don't get me wrong, it moves, I mean it really moves but you felt it more in the ferrari, you had to balance the throttle in the Ferrari just as you feel the rear twitching but in the lambo just slam your foot to the floor and the electronics did the rest all you had to do was point the car in the right direction and keep pressing the gear paddle.

The breaks are something else though, 160 to 60 before you can blink.

Part of the problem was in the Ferrari I could hit 8,500RPM (which sounds amazing) but the Lambo was 1 mile old so could barely scrape 6,000RPM before up shifting (did not want to be responsible for knackerring a 100,000 on day one.

Also drove a 360 manual spyder, much different experience as you really have to think about your gear changes to get the most of the car, start thinking about upshifting at 6,000RPM and by the time you engage the clutch thing is red lining so unles you really know what you're doing or have areally long straight you won't get top speed out of a manual.

In any event I loved the paddles in the Ferrari and Lambo, nothing like the DSGs you get in road cars, no lag, no rev counting, no delayed down shift just instant power all the way to the red line but hit the red line and you've lost it, all the power will whittle away to protect the engine.

Last edited:
If roads are busy I go with the flow, if clear then I may speed :)
Fastest was 125 mph. Needless to say that was a one off. The M6 was totally clear.

Ferrari, without a shadow of a doubt.

Was very disappointed with the Lambo, it's made for idiots, there really wasn't anything exciting about driving it unlike the Ferrari.

Coupled with the dash being lifted directly from an Audi and it just wasn't the experience i expected.

Don't get me wrong, it moves, I mean it really moves but you felt it more in the ferrari, you had to balance the throttle in the Ferrari just as you feel the rear twitching but in the lambo just slam your foot to the floor and the electronics did the rest all you had to do was point the car in the right direction and keep pressing the gear paddle.

The breaks are something else though, 160 to 60 before you can blink.

Part of the problem was in the Ferrari I could hit 8,500RPM (which sounds amazing) but the Lambo was 1 mile old so could barely scrape 6,000RPM before up shifting (did not want to be responsible for knackerring a 100,000 on day one.

Also drove a 360 manual spyder, much different experience as you really have to think about your gear changes to get the most of the car, start thinking about upshifting at 6,000RPM and by the time you engage the clutch thing is red lining so unles you really know what you're doing or have areally long straight you won't get top speed out of a manual.

In any event I loved the paddles in the Ferrari and Lambo, nothing like the DSGs you get in road cars, no lag, no rev counting, no delayed down shift just instant power all the way to the red line but hit the red line and you've lost it, all the power will whittle away to protect the engine.

Awesome! Just sad to hear that the Lambo engine wasn't run in. I've never driven one, but I love the idle on the Lambo's. At 1000rpm it sounds as if the exhaust has blown and is being dragged on the floor at a snails pace but give it some revs and the V12 starts to purr.

The closest I ever got to thrashing a super car was a 2000 Marenello (H style gearbox) but it was driven in town so I barely got above 50mph. The engine sounded so sweet and I would love to have red lined it. You're a very lucky man to have driven so many super cars, if you break 200mph let us know! I think we're from the same school of driving, I hate techno gadgets that drive the car for you. Give me a rear wheel drive supercar in the rain any day of the week.

I did 110 on a dual carriage way in a L reg Datsun when I was about 15 lol, was a stupid thing now I am older but we had brought the car and were being chased by the police, would never do it again and luckily never got caught, I'm not encouraging speeding at all, as I am now older and more wiser ( I think )

I've been passenger no end of times on test drives in Evo's, Scoobie's,Tvr's Porches and lambo's on a quite stretch of road that the technichans used ,100mph + was normal for a boost run.
driver got pulled by a petrol head cop one day looked at the Mitsubishi overalls we had on, wanted a look at the engine and told the driver to feck off to the motorway because he's clocked the car doing over 80 from lights to lights in a few hundred metres.

I remember a few weeks back joinning in with a lambo and a tvr on a deserted stretch of the A1, I stopped looking at the bike's speedo though, maybe 5mph over the legal limit............

I really want a go in the LP640, pretty sure nobody has a 670 yet but may come close to 200 in that but think you would need a few laps to learn the lines and not sure which track has a straight long enough, the guys at kenilworth reckon you can hit 185/190 if you come out of the chicane well but that brings you down to 50ish so you would really gave to give it some beans.

I like the techno I just don't want it to rake away the essence that I'm doing something. Feeling like you're just there to point the car is a little dull if not a magnificent engineering achievement.

I'd love a go in an MC12 but only ever seen one and that was in Monaco.

The power of the lambo is astonishing, they are muffled but I managed to blowthe mufflers out on lap 1 and there was a noticable difference in decibels.

Check out driversdreamdays they usually have offers for £50 if you can go this or next weekend.

Awesome! Just sad to hear that the Lambo engine wasn't run in. I've never driven one, but I love the idle on the Lambo's. At 1000rpm it sounds as if the exhaust has blown and is being dragged on the floor at a snails pace but give it some revs and the V12 starts to purr.

The closest I ever got to thrashing a super car was a 2000 Marenello (H style gearbox) but it was driven in town so I barely got above 50mph. The engine sounded so sweet and I would love to have red lined it. You're a very lucky man to have driven so many super cars, if you break 200mph let us know! I think we're from the same school of driving, I hate techno gadgets that drive the car for you. Give me a rear wheel drive supercar in the rain any day of the week.

200mph+ in a plastic toy police car when me and my brother would drive my mum to breaking point .Out came the broom a few laps round the garden and we were off ,unless she caught us ooooch

Indicated 187 in tvr cerbera in my yonger days, got a evo x now, but thats limited to 155 :)

I was driving at around 100/110 on the M2 earlier today when out of no-where there were flashing blue lights behind me. They gave me a flash and I pulled into the middle lane and they overtook me and jumped in front in the middle lane.

I thought shit!!!!! I'm looking at a ban but to my astonishment the police turned on a LED signboard on top of there car which read '70 MPH Limit'. They repeated the message a few times before pulling off on a junction.

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

was prob cause you werent driving like a prick.. (as in up peoples arses)

these a difference between driving fast and driving dangerously

been doing 90 down the moterway and the old bill didnt blink an eye.. yet when a beemer was driving up my arse...(few wekes later)

he got pulled

was prob cause you werent driving like a prick.. (as in up peoples arses)

these a difference between driving fast and driving dangerously

been doing 90 down the moterway and the old bill didnt blink an eye.. yet when a beemer was driving up my arse...(few wekes later)

he got pulled

Could have been mate as the motorway was surprisingly quiet and I cruising with no other cars around. Either way lesson learnt and I'll stick with 90 for the foreseeable future.

I was driving at around 100/110 on the M2 earlier today when out of no-where there were flashing blue lights behind me. They gave me a flash and I pulled into the middle lane and they overtook me and jumped in front in the middle lane.

I thought shit!!!!! I'm looking at a ban but to my astonishment the police turned on a LED signboard on top of there car which read '70 MPH Limit'. They repeated the message a few times before pulling off on a junction.

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Commen sense policing for once! Why do I never meet coppers like this!

Done over 130mph on a few occasions when younger.....nowadays rarely go above 80mph due to a job that depends on having a full licence and also more importantly usually have kids in car.

Back