What's the fastest speed you've ever driven at?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
The fastest I ever went was as a passenger on the back of a motorbike when I was 17, a neighbor was into big road bikes and he took me onto the motorway to show me what it could do (he was about 45 years old, not a kid, lol).

I clung on for my life and was completely terrified (but loving every second of it), I couldn't see the speedometer but the driver said we had reached just under 150Mph.

So that's the fastest I've ever traveled at on a road, how fast have you went, what vehicle and where you actually driving it?

Please no "you shouldn't be driving at those speeds, you are scum, you should be ashamed of yourself, you could kill a family of disabled albinos driving at those speeds" posts.

Fastest I've ever gone on the road is about 80 mph going back a few years . In my younger days they used to have track days at Silverstone ,

where I used to take my motorbike back then I had a zzr1100 which had a top speed of about 170mph ,on the straights the clock use to read about 160 i do not know if that was accurate or not but man that was fun times

fastets ive done was 110 on the m25 at 2 am coming back from the north..

on track 90's odd..

only push the car when its clear and safe to.. always plenty of space metween me and others

140mph in my Audi Cabrio with the roof down....sweeeet

130+ (The car was old and the engine was new - Hence of the speedo lol)

Speed kills, ffs be careful out there or you will end up like this. This is real life. This video is disturbing, its not squeamish but just disturbing. You have been warned.

Man videos his friends death

Yes I have broken the speed limit before but nothing major (imho). I have drove around 80/90 on an empty motorway. I know....I am a twat, but at least I will admit it.

168mph In a sooped up golf gti v6 motor damm was it quick was a pal of mine when I was younger it made the front page of max power and had 40 grand of extras on big thing as he was only 19 himself but then again he was born with a silver spoon

fastest car ive ever owend is a vaux calibra 2.0 hit around 140 mph never done that though because it started to shake around 125 think the bushes needed replaced :eater:

120 mph in a Jaguar 'S' Type on a clear stretch of the M6. Only the once.

172.2mph in a souped up st220

used a digital speed reading

didnt get caught and it was all clear

i was shittin my self tho!!!

Speed kills, ffs be careful out there or you will end up like this. This is real life. This video is disturbing, its not squeamish but just disturbing. You have been warned.

Yes mate we know :)

No one is condoning speeding, most of us have done it at one point or another, I'm only asking how fast people have travelled on the road.

Hopefully no-one will say 200Mph in a 30 zone :)

I've done it a few times on an empty motorway in the middle of the night etc, fastest I've ever driven was 113 in a 1.8i Focus, it could have given me more but I shit myself and eased off the accelerator.

Last edited:
170 on my fireblade. On a road in france, a big long wide open road.

Yes mate we know :)

No one is condoning speeding, most of us have done it at one point or another, I'm only asking how fast people have travelled on the road.

Yeah I know witchy.

We all know its wrong to speed but for some reason a lot of us do it. I tell you what, I have been shocked at some of the replies, ffs I would have sh!t myself at those speeds.

Fastest I have been is recently in a Doctor response car on M11, speedo was reading 135ish mph.... with lights an siren on. Was crash at M25 Jcn an was observer :)

127 in a mazda mx 5 - roof down and quality:)
north of scotland

and 130 + in a golf V5 - French motorway

both wi the wife in the car!!

Last edited:
Yeah I know witchy.

We all know its wrong to speed but for some reason a lot of us do it. I tell you what, I have been shocked at some of the replies, ffs I would have sh!t myself at those speeds.

One question, would it be Ok if someone posted 190Mph in a DB9 on the AutoBahn, Germany. ?? just a thought (example) because people say "oh yes, went to the desert just outside teeside and it was safe to do 150mph in a 1976 mini"

As for the thread question, im not landing myself in the muck lol.. "oh yeah lets admit to crimes we commit on DW"

One question, would it be Ok if someone posted 190Mph in a DB9 on the AutoBahn, Germany. ??

Jaffa's point was that speed kills, which it does.

190Mph on the Autobahn in Germany would kill you just the same if something went wrong at that speed on the M1 mate, it might be legal on the Autobahn, but it's still a deadly speed.

my highest speed was being chased by police, blame them :Smokin:

seriously though, i nearly got hit by a BMW that was being chased by the law through the middle of town, not good traffic policing at all. I'd rather they let them get away than risk innocent civilians. not that they cared because they were far back enough to not get involved in any crash ... left it to right minded drivers to get out the way! i did and he tried to undertake me, u should have seen the smoke come off his wheels! some old boy got hit head on broadside further down the road .. was it worth it? sure it was, after all insurance companies come first this day and age ..

I've been a cock too many times to mention, (100+) trouble is, my foot is made of lead, and you barely feel like you're at 50mph in new cars, so before you realise, you've gone from 70 to feck knows what... (Did get my old Golf up to 130 once though.)

I have calmed down a lot since being with the wife though, but I did drive drive like a twat when dad rang me bearly able to speak last xmas, because mum had fallen over and he couldn't get her up, and he was completely panic stricken. (She was dying of cancer at the time.)

Those boy racer instincts are hard to suppress though.

I had a day at a rally circuit when I was a young lad, which I absolutely loved, and I would love one those race days you used to be able to buy, but it's unlikely to happen these days. Sadly.

Back