What's the best (most stable) ViX image at the moment?

F1Mad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been away for a while, waiting for the new ViX image to arrive and for all the teething problems to be resolved first before moving over, but have periodically been coming back to check on progress. I got a bit confused by all the bickering that was going on, so wasn't sure which image was the right one (the "official" ViX image, or Digidude's version?).

Can someone give a brief summary of the current state of play, and the right link to the image? Also, does the said image have the right boot loader bundled in, or does it have be installed separately? As I said, I got really confused by it all.

Got a bit worried about you to be honest. Thought you tried to repair your PSU and something happened.

The Vix team released the image after TM improved the drivers to improve reliability. As you know, they don't release until they are happy.

A new bootloader is required for most recent images. I was taught by Digidude to not mix the bootloader and image when flashing. So I always do the bootloader twice and then flash image. After changing types of image you must repeatedly press the exit button on receiver until the splash screen disappears. This is apparently to partition the memory. The same applies for the TM-Single.

I am currently on build 423, using kernel 3.53 and drivers from 08/11/2012.

Digidude does a great job of adding features to the official images/those from the GIT. You can download his version, from the home of vix or install the official one on this forum and then upgrade it. Sorry can't post a link to latest official image as it would break the house rules.

Got a bit worried about you to be honest. Thought you tried to repair your PSU and something happened.

LOL, thanks for the concern mate, but the PSU was replaced by Richard himself whilst at the shop. I've merely been trying to get on with using the Twin, and even though I don't really like the 4D image, I could live with it once I knew what the limitations were - at least until I knew the proper ViX image was released and stable!

The Vix team released the image after TM improved the drivers to improve reliability. As you know, they don't release until they are happy.

Yeah, that's why I was waiting for their version.

A new bootloader is required for most recent images. I was taught by Digidude to not mix the bootloader and image when flashing. So I always do the bootloader twice and then flash image. After changing types of image you must repeatedly press the exit button on receiver until the splash screen disappears. This is apparently to partition the memory. The same applies for the TM-Single.

Again, is there a link for this? And what version am I after?

I am currently on build 423, using kernel 3.53 and drivers from 08/11/2012.

You're talking about the ViX image now, right? The link RAT posted above doesn't have version info at that link, but sounds like the one that Digidude packaged?

Digidude does a great job of adding features to the official images/those from the GIT. You can download his version, from the home of vix or install the official one on this forum and then upgrade it. Sorry can't post a link to latest official image as it would break the house rules.

Cool, so Digidude's version is the right one to go for, right? And are you saying that his version is the one that's available from the ViX's site? If so, why is *his* version not the one that this forum hosts? That's what's been putting me off (and confusing me!), is all this discussion about what this forum will allow to be linked to and not! :S

Thanks, Rat! For me, it defo needs to have your bouquets on it! :)

BTW, this is the first time I've heard of "Auto Bouquets". Does this mean that, seeing as it's set to "HTV Wales HD region", that it keeps downloading channels about sheep? :comp1: And how do you set it to a different region?

And you wouldn't happen to have a direct link to the right bootloader to use, would you?

Back