Whats the best film you have watched on your home cinema

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well as the title says what is the best film you have currently watched on your home cinema and been blown away.

Mine is XMEN 2, the sound on 7.1 is incredible, it actually blew me away. was shocked how good this was!!!

I know picture quality is important too and the xmen saga are prefect pictures but the audio I think is the most important part of the film.

Regards
Mick

has to be Lord of the Rings trilogy, the extended versions, crank up the volume, get the popcorn out and spend all day watching them! brilliant!

actually havent done that for a while, must say it to the kids .....

the above are very good choices...

but it got to be transformers for me......

for me its that western with christian bale and russel crowe, the remake of 3:10 to yuma. Good solid story backed up with a breathtakingly great soundtrack detailing everything from dustballs scraping through the sand to all out gun fights. And the sound of the train is a thing of beauty

and valkyrie

Last edited:
Somehow I think I'm missing out on something here with my plain old digital stereo. :(

If I were to get surround sound it would need to be wireless, too many kids running around here.

Has to be Saving Private Ryan! :Yikes:

Somehow I think I'm missing out on something here with my plain old digital stereo. :(

If I were to get surround sound it would need to be wireless, too many kids running around here.

just do what i do mate, and run the wire under the carpet ;)

@ ratts transformers is also very good loud on my system...

But I just love the start of xmen II when nightcrawler is shifting through the air, the sound from this is awesome as it pans around the system.

@ witchy as ratts said just take it round the carpet mate, or around the skirting.

you won't regret it.

Mick

@ witchy as ratts said just take it round the carpet mate, or around the skirting.
you won't regret it.

I've got hard wood flooring mate, but I intend to carpet the place after Xmas.

I used to have an Amstrad Dolby Pro Logic II system about 10 years ago, it was shit, I assume it has came on leaps and bounds since then?

picture wise avatar in 1080p was amazing, the colours and sharpness was like nothing id seen before on my tv, couldnt believe how crisp and colourful the picture was, sound is good too but i have all my 5 speakers and sub next to the tv so couldnt fully enjoy surround sound, but still sounded great non the less!

Blade Runner Uncut is awesome on the Onkyo :)

Don't have my surround sound set up yet so its going to have be based on picture and for that either the opening scene of the latest star trek or avatar.

had the sub hooked up last week and some of the scenes from the last airbender had pretty deep bass

T2
Gladiator
Blackhawk down
Blade 2
Titan AE DVD
Jurrasic park DVD

Never get bored of this bunch and sound amazing in DTS goodness.

Last edited:
I enjoy the scene in Watchmen right at the beginning the first fight in the apartment. even down to the little tinkle of glass when he gets thrown through the window ;)

I've got hard wood flooring mate, but I intend to carpet the place after Xmas.

I used to have an Amstrad Dolby Pro Logic II system about 10 years ago, it was shit, I assume it has came on leaps and bounds since then?

i've got the wiring around the skirting cos i've got wood flooring

Back