Whats the Best Backup Software

_Phat_

Inactive User
Reaction score
Almost lost the bl**dy lot to a frigging virus yesterday :( I need to backup my comp to a NAS Box I have running any of you chaps (& chapessess) have any recommendations.

Cheers

Phat

Almost lost the bl**dy lot to a frigging virus yesterday :( I need to backup my comp to a NAS Box I have running any of you chaps (& chapessess) have any recommendations.

Cheers

Phat

I can recommend DriveImageXML which is freeware and a very nice piece of kit. Do a search on google

The software uses Microsoft volume shadowing so it can take a backup of your machine while you are actually logged into the operating system. Handy if you need to backup to a network device etc

Last edited:
I think Norton Ghost can do a complete image of your harddrive, though by today's sizes you would need to save the image to an external harddrive, and im not sure that would work. So i dunno, sorry.

I often use the one that comes with XP, but i doubt that is much good.

Cheers

Phat
I use Acronis TRUEIMAGE Home, you can do incremental backups after your inital backup, which makes keepin on top of it regulary easier. You can backup whole drives, or just data say in some directories, and you can schedule it to do it automatically so you don't forget to do it. Hope this helps

I use Acronis True Image Home as well great package, V10 is vista compatible as well you can boot up from a bootable CD and image your entire drive to a NAS box or external USB hard drive, I did this with a NasLite server works a treat.

Back