What type of F-Plug?

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a Sly dish installed and it already has two cables coming out the LNB.

I want to attached two more but they dont have the screwy sticky outy bit coming out. I am assuming i need an f plug connector but not sure which one to buy? Any advice?

I want to attached two more but they dont have the screwy sticky outy bit coming out.

Are you saying the LBN has no more output mate or it does but you need the connector to attach to those ?

If so is you cable you have now the twin type cablefigure of 8 and thing or single lengths ?

Screw on type I think the come in a couple of sizes depending on the thickness of the cable

Its a new intallation.
This is the setup

| free slot | cable coming out | cable coming out | free slot |

see the attached pic.

So what i need really is a connector like what magnu is saying but with the hard copper bit sticking out...if that makes sense?Untitled.png

Need the thread on the outside mate. So what i need is a connector with the thread on the outside but still has an inner core bit.

i'll take a pic tomorrow....will be better than my explanation lol

Do you mean a male-male coupler?

0541.jpg

I'm Guessing from your post you have something like this @The Dentist

To do what you want you will need a quad

on the lnb did you push the plastic cover up so you can see the spare connectors

To do what you want you will need a quad

thats what it is. the middle two has the cables connected and the end two doesnt have that silver bit coming out..instead the thread goes inwards so there is a hole.

@The Dentist I think is quad but might just have 2 f connectors screwed onto the spare sockets the inside of an f connector has an internal thread and its maybe that your seeing. if so the will just need unscrewing and connecting to the cable then re-attaching

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry about the late reply guys. Getting back from work and it is all dark so cant do anything. Tried to take a picture but im terrified of heights!!

What i did see today is that the f plug is there and ready to be screwed into. the connections are fine. Its seems like theres a black plastic cover after all the connections. Need to take that cover off but with one hand it was too difficult.
Will give the neighbour a shout tomorrow as he is 6ft tall and im a mere 5 ft 3 plus phobia of heights! (probably why im so short!)

The cover should slide up into the lnb so its easy access to the f plugs

sent from 2 tin cans and some string

Back