What TV

Welshboy Taffy

Inactive User
Reaction score
What TV would you recommend for gaming I'm looking for a TV between 40" & 50" with trying to keep my budget below £1000 I've found 2 so far

1- LG 47LH7000 47” Full HD LCD Television with 100Hz Mode
2- Toshiba Regza 46XV635DB (46XV635) 46 inch Freeview Full HD 1080p LCD Television

someone said a 100Hz tv is best for gaming I'm don't know about this so if anyone could shed some light at what spec's are the best it will make searching a lot easier.

Thanks
Taffy

What other sources will you be plugging into your TV or plan to in the future?

I have a Wii , Xbox 360 , Virgin HD box soon to be PS3 (xmas prezzy) I also have an AV receiver and sometimes I connect my laptop to it.

Oops sorry I missed your reply.

I'd pretty much go for any Panasonic as they are ahead of the pack in terms of picture quality but aesthetically speaking their TV's are very average looking.

If it were my money I'd log into the Richer Sounds website and see what clearance bargains they have for Pioneer TV's. They have some 8th generations sets for under 1k but you'll need to be close to the stores as they are collect only. Both the 4280 and the 508/5080 are highly coveted and I wish I had either of them.

So back to the Panasonic's, if it were my money and I didn't want to stretch to the Pioneers I'd buy either of these
TX42X10
TX50X10

If 1080p is a must check out the G10 but you'll be paying an extra 200 quid for pixels that you can't see. Good luck.

Oops sorry I missed your reply.

I'd pretty much go for any Panasonic as they are ahead of the pack in terms of picture quality but aesthetically speaking their TV's are very average looking.

If it were my money I'd log into the Richer Sounds website and see what clearance bargains they have for Pioneer TV's. They have some 8th generations sets for under 1k but you'll need to be close to the stores as they are collect only. Both the 4280 and the 508/5080 are highly coveted and I wish I had either of them.

So back to the Panasonic's, if it were my money and I didn't want to stretch to the Pioneers I'd buy either of these
TX42X10
TX50X10

If 1080p is a must check out the G10 but you'll be paying an extra 200 quid for pixels that you can't see. Good luck.

I agree :) I got a panasonic plasma, looks wicked in hd :) sd though is not great but only cos Im used to hd now lol

I agree :) I got a panasonic plasma, looks wicked in hd :) sd though is not great but only cos Im used to hd now lol

I bagged the SkyHD offer in the bargains section RS, I'll finally be able to have no nonsense HD content without the life support of digi's dodgy technomate tutorials :Clap:

I bagged the SkyHD offer in the bargains section RS, I'll finally be able to have no nonsense HD content without the life support of digi's dodgy technomate tutorials :Clap:

nice one :) don't forget to tune it to get itv hd if you got the newer epg which should have if engineer does the force update on install.. if not do it ur self :) lol

Back