What satellite does my dish need to be aligned with

sorry mate,

88 CM TRIAX MOTORISED DISH PACK and a TM500 box.

Haven't installed software yet as calling round to get setup installed. one guy said he can only allign to astra..

if its motorised you will need to align it to 1w first then go from there

Would i be able to allign to astra? as the company are the cheapest around. some of them want £150 to install dish.

Would i be able to allign to astra? as the company are the cheapest around. some of them want £150 to install dish.

Where are you based? We have many members who are able and willing to provide assistance to those in need of help with installations. Trust me when I say they are not as easy as you think and a little experience goes a long way !!! :thumbsup:

Hi mannachie, Am based in th NW am not going to try and install the dish myself willing to pay for the service just that i got quoted £55 by one person but they can only allign the dish to astra.

Would this be ok?

regards

James

not really mate you need to have the correct arc for the motorised dish to work correctly have a read through the tuts you will found out exactly what is involved and at least if you set it up yourself you will be able to fix it when it get blown off line in the wind

Read this, as its very informative and use this website to work out your Latitude and Longitude, put your Postcode in click convert co-ordinates and you have your Latitude and Longitude.

@ Sargie, aligning your dish to 1 West is fine if you live on the Greenwich Merdian but you need adjust the motor if you live either side of it. Here in Manchester its 2.1 degrees West of the Meridian so when you pint the dish to Hotbird its actucally looking at 16 degrees East and for certain satellites like 16 East that 2 degrees makes a big difference. My rule of thumb is put your USALS settings in the receiver, connect the motor and drive to a strong satellite, (Hotbird which should be 15 East on the motor) align dish and then check all other satellites testing signals as you move from position to position.

Regards

Liam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back