What image are you using on your alien?

hi mate dont know what im doing wrong but cant bet the hdd manager to appear or the soft cam manager in the latest HDMU

Please help

now trying to get it working open ar-p image with no successz...........

@Gavin

shoot me a pm with you e-mail, i have a back up of the openar image (best in my opinion) I will send to you. has a 1 channel, ice films and cross epg on it. auto bouquets and cool epg removed as i dont use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gavin

shoot me a pm with you e-mail, i have a back up of the openar image (best in my opinion) I will send to you. has a 1 channel, ice films and cross epg on it. auto bouquets and cool epg removed as i dont use them.

Stick it in downloads, pleeassee :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the drill with these Alien boxes (the triple tuners) are they really un-reliable? Can you install Enigma2 images on them? The reason I ask is Ive seen numerous on the bay of e at low prices - and there's always a catch ;)

Thanks I'll try that when I get chance.......what do you suggest using on a windows machine for formatting in ext3? Mybdrive works fine on my windows machine but when its in the alien box it makes clicking noises like a failing hard drive. But ive tried it with several drives with the same outcome

I have had a similar problem with hdd clicking when i used a usb hub on my computer. However when i directly stick the hdd into a computer usb port the hdd does not click. I have a feeling that when HDD's do not get enough power from a usb port they make a clicking noise as they are trying to power on (this makes it sound like the Hdd is failing).

Thought i would just let you know of my hdd clicking noise experience.

running alien 2 on yoda back up april 2013 got everything working fine

I highly recommend using a HDMU Backup as in my experience the yoda backup is very sluggish. If you want everything loaded on e.g buquets picons... then download the satstation hdmu backup.

Good point

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I highly recommend using a HDMU Backup as in my experience the yoda backup is very sluggish. If you want everything loaded on e.g buquets picons... then download the satstation hdmu backup.

Is the sat station image not very slow? Last time I used it was so slowwwwww

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I got fed up looking at the constant smiley face on the Satstation image, always hanging and taking forever to change channel.

Has anyone tried my back up of the openAR image? and if so any thoughts?

Would be better for us newbies if people could post the reason why you are running your particular image. Pros cons etc. =o)

Would be better for us newbies if people could post the reason why you are running your particular image. Pros cons etc. =o)

Agree!

I only read here about Aliens with hdd, i.e. the 2 or triple type.
I myself have the 8900SHD. I purchased it in the Netherlands where i live, with Spark and Mcas preinstalled.
Here CanalDigitaal is the issue and with their smartcard it goes without problems.
The advantage of Spark is they constant issue updates.
I always use the latest version of Spark and i find them very stable.

I recently used the Dual Boot option in the box and installed an Enigma2 image (HDMU10906..?) without trying to get any softcam working because i just wanted to use some dish-aligning software (as DreamboxE2satfinder) which doesnt work with Spark.

I didnt tried much more in the Enigma2 image than tuning tv statons i needed for aligning.
I had to scroll along all the stations (only aphabetical organized..??) to find the desired one.
I dindnt bother to find out more sophisticated ways.

When booting back to Spark the box needs several minutes.
Booting to enigma goes faster.

Last edited:
Satstation images are build on HDMU which is built on Python 2.6.

OpenAR-P and Hyperion are built on Python 2.7 which seems to have a far better memory and CPU utilization. HDMU kept freezing up on me for no reason whatsoever. At times, it was also unresponsive. However, development in AR-P seems to have ceased so Hyperion is the way to go.

I can finally watch one channel and stream another (I actually watched one and streamed two) on Hyperion and I have every plugin working as I wanted.

I've shared my image in another thread in this section. I think the Image was too big to upload to the Downloads section.

is that image you posted for the single tuner aline 8900? i can see the second one you posted was for the alien 2 how ever?

Back