• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What equipment do i need ?

ash213

Inactive User
Hi guys.

I purchased a sat dish from LIDL last summer but never got round to messing around with.

Finally this summer i wanna have some fun with and see what it can do.

What else do i need ? I understand i need a reciever box.

In terms of Leads, lnb's ,etc..

I live in a rented property so im thinking of going down the tyre route..placing the dish on a tyre.. Will the dish stay put on the tyre? Im thinking of putting it on top of the garage.

Im gonna buy a TELESTAR Under Window Cable http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/product_o...id=1&subcat=51

Any more advice on what i need ? im lost.

Curly

DW Regular
Will the dish stay put on the tyre? Im thinking of putting it on top of the garage.
It might roll off m8

I'm guessing, but this doesn't sound like you've read many of the installation tuts???

Curly

pinkhelmets

VIP Member
VIP Member
I've seen some wierd things holding dishes down. 1 sky dish was held onto a glass window by silicon, a larger dish was on a pole coming out of those plastic water holders used under garden tables to put umbrellas into... oh yeah 1 was fixed to a chair -just bolted to the leg and on a flat garage roof with a wet bag of sand on top :) it had been working like it for many years lol.

Curly

DW Regular
lol
looks like I've over engineered my bracket then.
2" scaffold pole on unistrut frame, coach bolted through the garage wall with plate washers and nuts on the inside.
At least it won't fall off then lol

Curly

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
never known anyone use a tyre to hold a dish

maybe nao should use this trick :roflmao:

fezzy

Member +
Hi Guys

I,m with Curly ! Got more bolts running through the garage wall than
you can get from the suppliers.

fezzy

khan

Member ++
used a bucket once with pole in the middle and quick setting cement and worked a treat easily moved between 28.2,19,2 and 13. also it was 60cm dish with holes.