What Broadband ISP??

MH

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Right Lads and Lassies....

Looks like I can eventually get Broadband Now...BT have sorted the TPON issue out!!!!

What I want to know, who is the best ISP to go with.....preferably fast and uncapped;)

So what do you recommend??

I'm with NTL and had no problems with it. Very fast and uncapped. Depends if it's in your area tho.

Just migrating over to UKOnline, they offer uncapped services starting at 2mb for £14.99. Mind you some of the ports are blocked to prevent people abusing the service.

I haven't been online with them yet, so I can tell you how good they really are...........let you know by the end of next week!!

Their site:

_http://www.ukonline.net

Offers available up to Feb 6 2006.

Forget to mention, they do offer ADSL2 (you might need a new modem/router as it's ADSL2), your telephone exchange needs to be ADSL2 enabled, mine is but they can only offer me 13.5Mb instead of 22MB as advertised.

If you look in the national papers like the Daily Mail etc, there's an advert for a company called Be.net (or something like that) , that offer 24MB ADSL2 for £24.99 - UKonline offer the 22MB for £29.99.

Last edited:
i was with BT... as my sig says... i hate them!!! their support team is the WORST.... im migrating to TISCALI, 2meg, £17.99, no cap.. is a price an issue m8, because if so, im reccommending tiscali, if not then i dont know, i have always been looking for cheap broadband...

been with ukonline for 1 month, no probs so far...
can anyone recommend a good CABLE/DSL wireless router? i'd like to have one that does both cable and ADSL

Ntl are good 10mb here

no problems yet

had some downtime a couple of months ago bout it for when they was upgrading to 10mb

im stuck with wanadoo....1 meg only for 17.99 a month only 2gb limit per month...what made me join them i dont know..still have 6 months of contract to go..

Don't go with E7Even
They have had a lot of problems that last 3 weeks that still aren't resolved,
Customer service is terrible... can never get hold of them,
NTL are good though

I've been on Pipex for about a year now, and they seem to be pretty much alright. I can count the number of times on one hand that I've not been able to connect and speeds are pretty stable.

kennedy said:
i was with BT... as my sig says... i hate them!!! their support team is the WORST.... im migrating to TISCALI, 2meg, £17.99, no cap.. is a price an issue m8, because if so, im reccommending tiscali, if not then i dont know, i have always been looking for cheap broadband...
tiscali dont support migrating, (welll away from them) it took me 11 weeks to get rid of them,also tied to a12 month contract and their customer service was crap .took 3-5 days to reply to queries,but as you say they are cheap now.you get what you pay for.
ps. pipex here.

Pipex here too.
Never had a problem with the service. 50:1 max contention ratio so speeds are good & when i had a problem installing it, there customer service was A1. Maybe a bit pricier than the others, but you do get what you pay for.

at the end of the day their all BT im with F2S its ment to be 8mgs but BT can only supply 2MB through their lines and equipment so at the e nd of the day its all down to BT as to what speed you get

Back