Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What bones can i give my dog

Jooooles

DW Regular +
just had a few lamb shanks can i give these bones to a mastiff they look abit sharp i know you cant give chicken turkey etc what type of bones can you give your dog are lamb shanks ok

thanks for any input chaps:proud:

just had a few lamb shanks can i give these bones to a mastiff they look abit sharp i know you cant give chicken turkey etc what type of bones can you give your dog are lamb shanks ok

thanks for any input chaps:proud:

no m8 lamb bones splinter, infact most cooked bones splinter, {make sure there uncooked for a dog m8}

Thanks lads ill pass giving him them the do look a bit sharp if he was a liverpoolien mastiff id of giving him them scouser dogs can eat breeze blocks lol cheers :proud:

my parents have 2 yorkies and they eat coocked rib bones for fun, buys them from asda, dont know what animal they are from, they are in a tub, you get about 15 for £3.50.

yep I agree with benny 59 keep away from bird bones. My dog eats bones, lamb, beef, also loves eggs and cheese

mine eats pickle onions lettuce cucumber normal onion pinnaple theres no human food he will not eat people laugh the nuts off especially when he barks for another pickle onion

DAFT AS A BRUSH

parents muts, the elder, tia, will only eat steak, chicken or bones no dog meat, whereas tally will eat almost anything, especially milk based products, she even likes sweet&sour and loves spicey food.

yeh chicken turkey any bird bones can cause internal bleeding are a very saw ASS :Cheers:

its not recommened to give any bones to a dog m8 {but we all do it}

uncooked bones are harder and less brittle, {but there still brittle }

its the luck of the draw m8-------------if your dogs off colour the last thing you would think of is the bone it had the night before

its not recommened to give any bones to a dog m8 {but we all do it}

uncooked bones are harder and less brittle, {but there still brittle }

its the luck of the draw m8-------------if your dogs off colour the last thing you would think of is the bone it had the night before

mmm true thats why i was double checking as i only normally feed bones from the local pet shop i was unsure about the shanks better safe then sorry ill just stick to the pet shop in future he normally just gets pigs ears and stuff anyway

:Cheers:

Can I ask a quick question?

I've got a Boxer and its never had any bones because I've always been told you shouldn't give them to a dog.

What nutritional value do they have for the dog considering you could be endangering their health by giving them a bone and it seems to be luck of the draw?

Its a serious question..I'm not taking the piss. Just curious as to whether my beast would actually enjoy one or not.

Can I ask a quick question?

I've got a Boxer and its never had any bones because I've always been told you shouldn't give them to a dog.

What nutritional value do they have for the dog considering you could be endangering their health by giving them a bone and it seems to be luck of the draw?

Its a serious question..I'm not taking the piss. Just curious as to whether my beast would actually enjoy one or not.

hardly any nourishment value on a bare bone m8, {undigestable}---goes in 1 way comes out the other

i thought bones was good for dogs, they are a natural dental aid.
aint the marrowbone inside a high source or nutrients?
hell i think i have even eat some bones when i have had ribs and cabbage, mmmmm!
my parents do not give bare bones but full ribs

Last edited:
hardly any nourishment value on a bare bone m8, {undigestable}---goes in 1 way comes out the other

So whats the point?

Dogs a bit low at the moment.She may have a knee ligament tear and thought it may be a bit of a treat for her but cheers anyway.

So whats the point?

Dogs a bit low at the moment.She may have a knee ligament tear and thought it may be a bit of a treat for her but cheers anyway.

Deffo dry solid bones from the pet shop can improove dogs denatl care as long as there adult dogs not for puppies as it causes wonky teeth

PS its also a treat like a can of stella to us ps but my dog also gets the odd larger

Deffo dry solid bones from the pet shop can improove dogs denatl care as long as there adult dogs not for puppies as it causes wonky teeth

PS its also a treat like a can of stella to us ps but my dog also gets the odd larger

She's only 22mnths old but she likes the Carling!

Back