Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What bones can i give my dog

i thought bones was good for dogs, they are a natural dental aid.
aint the marrowbone inside a high source or nutrients?
hell i think i have even eat some bones when i have had ribs and cabbage, mmmmm!
my parents do not give bare bones but full ribs

ask your vet then m8--------marrabone nutrients are marginal on a bare bone {unless its an elephant leg or the backend of a dinosaur}--calcium and protein yes

i give my 2 dogs bones m8 {keeps them happy}

Last edited:
My dog sits out in the backgarden every single Sunday chewing up bones. Mostly lamb and the occasional chicken bone. Never had any problems. She's a springer spaniel.

I dont give my dog any meat off the bone, just not worth the risk of me spending 5 mins stripping it.

when i was a kid we got free bones from the butchers the dog loved them ....now i think they charge for bones ...times change hey

ask your vet then m8--------marrabone nutrients are marginal on a bare bone {unless its an elephant leg or the backend of a dinosaur}--calcium and protein yes

i give my 2 dogs bones m8 {keeps them happy}

no m8 you don't understand, my parents feed these yappers with sirloin steak and fresh cooked and chopped chicken as well as rib bones, coverered in meat, they eat better than i do!

afaik all bones are good for a dog - its natural, but chicken/ any birds bones can splinter so dont let them have them. just common knowledge though - i'm no vet

As others have said no poultry bones but the likes of lamb, beef and pork, i have never had a problem with most dogs love a good bone others cant be bothered with them its horses for courses.

personally I would never give my dog any bones
as stated they splinter and could cause internal damage or get caught in there throat

like many have said they give there dogs bones regularly but it only takes one bone and your dog could be in pain and you will have hefty vet bills

personally I would never give my dog any bones
as stated they splinter and could cause internal damage or get caught in there throat

like many have said they give there dogs bones regularly but it only takes one bone and your dog could be in pain and you will have hefty vet bills

i very near got my oldest dog put down over a bone m8, {chicken bone got stuck in the roof of its mouth {managed to get the bone out but an hour later it bit 1 of my young daughters} anyway i gave it the benefit of the doubt. "and no i dont give my dogs bird bones, pinched out the bin"

Back