What Android Tablet should I buy

kniner

Member ++
Reaction score
What tablet should I get? I need some thing like the ipad BUT better , and price will i pay.....please

theres a nexus 10" tablet getting announced on the 29th of this month and also the nexus 7 is reportedly going to get more memory, a 32gb version which will make the other models cheaper, really depends how much you wanna spend, iv just pre ordered the ipad mini for £269 and iv also got a nexus 7 which is fantastic!

theres a nexus 10" tablet getting announced on the 29th of this month and also the nexus 7 is reportedly going to get more memory, a 32gb version which will make the other models cheaper, really depends how much you wanna spend, iv just pre ordered the ipad mini for £269 and iv also got a nexus 7 which is fantastic!

you got to much money lol

ive got an acer iconia a700 screens up there with ipad 3 and it performs very well,plays my hd mkvs flawless,cant fault it at all,absolutley slaughters both ipad 1 and 2 performance wise(cant say on 3 not used one properly) expect to pay around 250

For an android tablet, theres nothing better than the google tabs..Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. These tablets will always be the first to get the official Android updates as they are googles own branded products. Other tabs you can end up waiting ages for software updates..

how would you rate the nexus 7 v an ipad? Showed the wife the ipad mini the other day thinking it was about £129.
I don't expect it to be better or even as good but is it close enough? I have a scroll that I got second hand and its as slow as feck. If I thought the nexus 7 would let her facebook, browse and internet banking then I might go for one.

And where is the cheapest?

269 the ipad mini will cost you for the 16gb wifi only model, or nexus 7 starting from £159 for the 16gb wifi only model, both are great tablets, i tend to prefer my ipad mini for browsing as the screen being 4.3 you get much more screen space then with the nexus 7, however the screen on the nexus 7 is higher resolution and much crisper, but having said that i still prefer using the ipad mini, to me it just feels the right size and build quality is amazing compared with the nexus 7. but really it all depends on what she would prefer, android or ios.

IPad mini over priced 18 month old technology in a smaller case, rubbish maps on ios6 no nfc.
Nexus 7, newer tech, cheaper, nfc, superior display with better res, android 4.2 with features that currently don't exist on ios and maybe never will..photo sphere, native Swype style keyboard input etc etc.. choice is easy..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

it may be overpriced for you, and i agree it was a little steep compared to my nexus 7 which as you say is better technology inside and better screen, but the ipad mini is still excellent even though its got the guts from the older ipad 2, the screen real estate you get compared to the nexus 7 makes a big difference, and ios runs and works perfectly on it, not to mention the dedicated ipad apps which kick the arse of the equivelent android apps, im not trying to argue with you but you cant just banish the ipad mini so easily when its still a quality bit of kit. im a lover of both ios and android thats why i have both, best of both worlds, theres only 1 ipad mini in my house but theres 4 nexus 7's, and iv just pre ordered the nexus 4, so my family is firmly android, but dont just disregard the ipad because its a little dearer and not quite upto specs of the nexus 7.

my best advice for anyone wanting to buy either or, is to go and test them out and see which 1 best suits your needs!

Which? top tablets are all Apple. Nexus 7 is the best Android offering on their list.

I've been looking for a cheapo Android but I'm going to save a few more quid and go for the Nexus 7 mainly for battery life. 7 hours as opposed to 2-3 hours.

If a WiFi only iPad mini 16gb is 269 and a 16 gig nexus 7 is 159.
What are you getting for spending 110 quid extra ? As mentioned older tech, non retina lower res screen, no NFC. Less operating system features.
So in reality spend more get less...doesn't make a lot of sense. The iPad mini is an Apple marketing stunt..They felt threatened by not having an offering on the seven inch market segment..They knew the fanboys and marketing led types would buy it .
The iPad mini is lighter, and yes Apple store does have more apps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i got a kindle fire hd for thew nipper for christmas,fast enough and not had any probs with cough,apps and ebooks

Think Im gonna go for the nexus 7, 2 quick questions:
1: the wife downloads alot using Usenext, can she still do this?
2: whats this thing that plays back through the tv? have heard of people downloading films to their phones and playing back through the tv wirelessly. can this be done?

you can playback content from your ipad and iphone via your tv if you have a Apple TV using mirroring. The open source equivalent is DLNA you can stram from android devices including to other DLNA compliant devices using DLNA theres also an app called Skifta that can do this.

I a bit late on this, but I don't pop in that often..I just bought the Samsung galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16GB and find it to be Excellent at the moment. I bought it for my photography and internet rather than games. I don't play games.
Updated to Jelly Bean two days ago and it works Great...

Back