What all do I need?

swhaq

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am awaiting the arrival of a dm800hd. It is straight from the factory so could you please tell me what I need to download to make it operational. There are so many files it seems I have no idea where to start. From scratch what would you put on and in what order. Thanks in advance.:Wave:

Hi Folks,

I am awaiting the arrival of a dm800hd. It is straight from the factory so could you please tell me what I need to download to make it operational. There are so many files it seems I have no idea where to start. From scratch what would you put on and in what order. Thanks in advance.:Wave:

First of all welcome to the site :)

Secondly is it a dm800HD or a dm800SE?

Thirdly did you do any research before you decided this was the route you wanted to go down?
I only ask because most people would be able to get the basics working fine and then maybe look for advice :)

And just to put your mind at ease it will be already operational when it arrives bar maybe needing a channel list,at least for watching free TV :)

Lol Horse before the cart and all that. I have a 500 here and I hate the fact I cannot record apart from vlc so I went for the 800hd. Last time a paid some kid a small fortune and as I was able to crack fortec ultra in what seems a previous life I figured Id have a rattle at this. I'd like to figure out clines too but for now flashing the software I need will do. I'm sure there is a free way around those too.
Thanks for the reply.
First of all welcome to the site :)

Secondly is it a dm800HD or a dm800SE?

Thirdly did you do any research before you decided this was the route you wanted to go down?
I only ask because most people would be able to get the basics working fine and then maybe look for advice :)

And just to put your mind at ease it will be already operational when it arrives bar maybe needing a channel list,at least for watching free TV :)

Lol Horse before the cart and all that. I have a 500 here and I hate the fact I cannot record apart from vlc so I went for the 800hd. Last time a paid some kid a small fortune and as I was able to crack fortec ultra in what seems a previous life I figured Id have a rattle at this. I'd like to figure out clines too but for now flashing the software I need will do. I'm sure there is a free way around those too.
Thanks for the reply.

Hi mate take a look at the stickys for everything you need to know from flashing tutorials to channel lists etc all there.Plus a well stocked download section for all your dreambox needs.

hey, i bought a dm800se a few months ago and trust me if you do a bit of reading on here you will have it up and running in no time, its actually not that hard to setup, just as long as you follow the advice/tutorials on here.

Thanks for the reply.

you can record with a dm500 and the best image to do it with is commando I use it on both my dm500

ps and the playback is spot on aswell thro the dm500

what speed is the processor on DM500, caught between buying DM800 and DM500.

The 500HD is running at 400 where the 800 runs at 300, what more important is the 500hd can play divx the 800 can not.

what speed is the processor on DM500, caught between buying DM800 and DM500.

Depends on whether you mean a dm500s or dm500HD and whether you mean a dm800HD or a dm800se :)

processor on 500HD is 400mhz and can play divx, I think thats clinched it.

Regards

There is no internal HDD option on the 500HD but there is a esata option for external Hard drives so yes it can record.

On the clone 500hd boxes you also get a usable rear usb port with this you can record to a powered UBS HDD.

ok, thanks for clearing that up, have to say I prefer internal HDD.

Regards

ok, thanks for clearing that up, have to say I prefer internal HDD.

Regards

Why not go for the 800SE then its far superior to the old 800 and 500hd.

Internal HDD, 2 card reader 400mhz divx compatible CPU color front display list goes on. Purchase it with a A8P sim and you can even use original images.

thanks for that, never knew about that A8P sim with original image.

Regards

Back