Weird Problem with tm6900(non super model)

and best way of loading new patches would be
1)back up channel list
2)factory reset
3)load original technomate firmware(can be got from technomate.uk download section)
4)factory reset
5)load latest patch
6)factory reset
7)put back channellist and rescan all channels in use
if you don't use this method in between patches you might get stuck with bugs/problems on your tm
cause old bits of patches/firmware may remain in your tm.
but it's more on the super models that you would get problems
than after this load latest softcam

Thanks thijss i'm showing firmware as 7.04 even without doing a factory reset or updating the channelist, should i do these things next, and is there anything I can download while i'm waiting for the usb to 9 pin cable to arrive?

With regard to that question is the windows sharing centre on that second link all i need to download even though mine is the non-super version? Many thanks for your help, mr spoons the noob.
like i said i never used sssp for cccam but have a look at this tut. https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/225877/#post1675321 you might have to revert back to an older patch if you can't get sssp to work on the latest 6900nonsuper patch
you will find most patches here Download center hope you'll get it going

Last edited by a moderator:
Damm, I just sold my trusty tm1000d+ ...
I would love to help but I have not any other TM in here besides some old dm500s, 1 tm5402hd, 1 dm500hd and a dm7020hd.
It is like thijs said. Latest firmware/patch and start off. If no go just post in here w'll try to help you as best we can.

cheers lads, well i updated it factory reset it and loaded the new channel list then the softcam as you said, and the patch must have gone on as its clearing mezzo tv now, but im wondering if it faces the same transponder issue that wolftje faced as its showing a healthy signal level and quality for the greek stuff on 39e, but when i press scan it doesnt find the channels. Ive tried changing from dvb-s after deleting and then adding a new transponder but with the same result. I must be doing something wrong but not sure what. If i turn off network search, it doesnt scan at all. Its a 1.1 mtr dish in scotland so range shouldnt be the issue.

The USB lead has now arrived, so i might try that side of things instead, following those links youve included, cheers.

you will have to play around with pilot on or off in the advanced search settings for those transponders like wolftje stated too

ok thanks will do. A quick attempt tonight hasnt got me anywhere, but will try again this weekend.

ive installed hdvb 1.26 and think i have the usb lead configured correctly (windows vista helpfully doesn't list com ports in device manager for some reason, so i couldn't use the guide for getting a com 1) but hopefully it will work without doing that step (i doubt it though).

Well I'm stumped. The Usb to rs232 cable i bought will not install correctly on my vista machine no matter what i do, it just comes up with unknown device in device manager, which in turn tells me the driver files are not loaded for this device, despite me trying to install them before and after i connect the lead, and even when i reinsert it after rebooting the laptop.

The guide for setting a com 1 doesn't work for me because on vista in device manager, ports are not listed for some hair pulling reason, it goes from network adaptors to processors, so i cant set a com port 1 as per the tutorial. It seems I'm destined not to get this running despite my best efforts. After 4 hours trying i'm giving up and going to bed :( Much googling appears to suggest that there is no easy way around the problem.

what driver are you using is the prolific one. Can you post a link to the place where you bought the lead.

You can find some excellent drivers here. but first you nee to uninstall the device and reboot. Also do not plug in the device prior to installing. they work fine for XP/VISTA and Windows7 32 and 64 bit.
www.xits.be/download/PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10518+oldVista.rar

I use them as well and i used my prolific on xp / visat and Windows7
true it takes some fiddling but with this drivers i always managed .

Last edited:
just to be clear, i dont need to connect the other end of the cable to the receiver at this stage do i? I've tried installing it just connected to the laptop, connected at both ends, or not connected at all, but it always says unknown device in device manager and in properties, no drivers are installed for this device. this is despite it occassionally telling me the device drivers have loaded successfully by a pop up message. quite bizarre.

That lead you bought is not the best m8, they are hit and miss, did you try it in your xp machine before you move it down stairs. You dont need to connect the other end to box, if it loads successfully it will aprear in com ports tab.

That lead you bought is not the best m8, they are hit and miss, did you try it in your xp machine before you move it down stairs. You dont need to connect the other end to box, if it loads successfully it will aprear in com ports tab.

yeah it didn't work in my sons (also vista) laptop either, although it did at least recognise it in device manager this time. The customer service guy i rang said it was plug and play and didnt need drivers. I couldnt try it on my desktop as i've lost the cordless mouse adaptor somewhere :( If i ever get this working i will feel like daley thompson.

You can use the xp driver for vista and even Windows7

If i remember correctly but i would be wrong as well....It was Hard to get this working I know ...
when you use the windows7 driver it wont work
ALSO
VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT

installation should be done as ADMINISTRATOR or it will never work.

You can use the xp driver for vista and even Windows7

If i remember correctly but i would be wrong as well....It was Hard to get this working I know ...
when you use the windows7 driver it wont work
ALSO
VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT

installation should be done as ADMINISTRATOR or it will never work.

cheers mate, i'm going to try again tonight, this will help, ta.

Back