Weird Problem with tm6900(non super model)

wolftje

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Someone came by with a tm6900hd Combo (non super) model to make it up2date with the latest firmware/patched/whatever in
order to use it with a Bis Fr subscription(viaccess).
TM firmware 8 aug 2010, Technomate UK - Your digital partner for life
then the latest phantom from here
Download center
Notice Feb 2011 ?
Anyway
First thing i noticed that it has been a while that Technomate brought a new firmware update for this "expensive" Sat receiver.
After doing a factory reset upgrading towards the latest TM firmware, patching & keys I came upong the following problem.

A strange problem, some frequencies could not be received.(tested on several working Dish setup with or without diseqC switch)
What could be the problem ?
Can I conclude that the tm6900HD Combo is faulty ? Most of the Horizontal frequencies can be received but not all.
Is there a corruption in the firmware on the sat receiver. Or is it just a fault on the Mobo which gives this weird behaviour ?
There is no warranty anymore on the sat receiver. (the person bought it second hand just to watch FTA)

Take note : i did a factory reset, also reset of channellist, I deleted a bunch of satellites so the transponderlist would not be to big. I know all the
things you can try in order to revive a Tm receiver but maybe I can try something else ? Dish setup =100% OK.

I have solved The 'Weird' Problem
As I was watching an Uk SyFy movie last night with my trusty tm5402HD on CCcam(works great & very stable !) I remembered qomething from long ago ...
When Tm started to make the HD models (non super 6900HD as mentioned in here) the way you had to scan the channels is not the same like you are used today.
Mostly the settings on the HD super models are automatic but not with the tm6900 non super model.
Fist aoff all i had this weird problem
Transponder 12303V BIs fr Tv Equidia didn't want give me any signal. I mean it seemed that the tuner was faulty
Even a factory reset didn't give me any solution.
Of course the transponder was configured WRONG.(old TM settings)
For Bis FR it has changed towards 12303V DVBS2 QPSK 3/4 27500
After deleting the transponder & re-adding the transponder with the new settings AND PUTTING AUTO PILOT = OFF
HEY WE GOT A SIGNAL !
After that all went very good and the receiver is Ok now.

So , well the tm600HD is still in business for that person. I'm guessing I was a bit to fast in stating Faulty hardware !

Hi Guys, i too am still running the non super version (TM6900), am i likley to see a new phantom patch for this which opens up Zee TV etc.. or is this is it now?

I am also seeking help with this receiver, I downloaded the updated firmware as per the instructions from wolftje above, but when i connect up the usb to the receiver and press usb/data transfer from the main menu, under 'file list' it just shows [/volume0] or flashes to 'No Information' under file list. I know the files are on my usb stick, has anyone encountered this problem at all please?

I haven't even got to adding the phantom add on yet.

there is no addon for the non super 6900 ? what model do you have mrspoons1 are you sure you have the right firmware ?

thanks thijss, its a tm-6900 hd combo (non super) currently using s/w version 6.64 dtd nov 17 2008, and h/w version 1.00.

I'm trying to load the same firmware and phantom that wolftje loaded earlier in the thread, ultimately to try and get cccam via my laptop, connecting through my 15 pin vga port on my laptop to the 9 pin female connector on the back of the receiver, due to the lack of an ethernet port on the non super version.

cheers for any help anyone can offer.

wolftje would be the expert on running cccam with laptop on your tm , i would advice to upgrade to a different model with lanport
because it's a very unstable way of running cccam but you could wait untill wolftje spots your post or maybe pm him.

m8 are you trying to connect a serial port to a vga port

thanks thijss, its a tm-6900 hd combo (non super) currently using s/w version 6.64 dtd nov 17 2008, and h/w version 1.00.

I'm trying to load the same firmware and phantom that wolftje loaded earlier in the thread, ultimately to try and get cccam via my laptop, connecting through my 15 pin vga port on my laptop to the 9 pin female connector on the back of the receiver, due to the lack of an ethernet port on the non super version.

cheers for any help anyone can offer.

wolftje would be the expert on running cccam with laptop on your tm , i would advice to upgrade to a different model with lanport
because it's a very unstable way of running cccam but you could wait untill wolftje spots your post or maybe pm him.

Yeah if finances allowed thats what i'd do, but can't really afford to at the moment, I'll give it a try and see how bad it is first. Hopefully wolftje will have the answer as he's just upgraded the firmware on the same model.

the cccam stuff i'll worry about later once i've managed to upgrade the firmware and loaded the phantom afterwards. :Biggrin2:

the upgrade should be easy enough maybe download latest patch for your tm again from Download center and then put on usb and then go into usb menu then datatranfer the patch should be in the datatranfer list make sure the usb stick is ready to transfer data, my brother in law has my old 6900 non super never any problems with it yet for cards and fta and the ddt still a great box. and to use the cccam on it you will need a null modem lead 9pin to 9pin or
9pin to usb you will not be able to go through 9pin to 15pin

Last edited:
m8 are you trying to connect a serial port to a vga port

Well not yet m8, I've ordered the lead ready for after when i've managed to update it with my t-flash usb stick with micro sd card inside.

the upgrade should be easy enough maybe download latest patch for your tm again from Download center and then put on usb and then go into usb menu then datatranfer the patch should be in the datatranfer list make sure the usb stick is ready to transfer data, my brother in law has my old 6900 non super never any problems with it yet for cards and fta and the ddt still a great box. and to use the cccam on it you will need a null modem lead 9pin to 9pin or
9pin to usb you will not be able to go through 9pin to 15pin

Thats annoying, i thought you'd done it for me there m8, I followed your link there and downloaded the tm6900_704p.stb file, the receiver recognised it in the file list and everything. But when i clicked ok it said invalid stb file, witing failed. Perhaps that file is for the super version?

Well not yet m8, I've ordered the lead ready for after when i've managed to update it with my t-flash usb stick with micro sd card inside.

What type of lead have you ordered.

Thats annoying, i thought you'd done it for me there m8, I followed your link there and downloaded the tm6900_704p.stb file, the receiver recognised it in the file list and everything. But when i clicked ok it said invalid stb file, witing failed. Perhaps that file is for the super version?
no defo the file for the non super maybe wait for your nullmodem lead and upgrade with the tm loader through your laptop maybe you loaded some corrupt file to it,i don't realy know but the link i gave you works perfect for the 6900 non super
is the sd card memory stick formatted by the tm in the disk manager menu or formatted to fat32 if not the tm will not recognize your stb file.(i think this is where the problem is the formatting of your memorystick)

Last edited:
no defo the file for the non super maybe wait for your nullmodem lead and upgrade with the tm loader through your laptop maybe you loaded some corrupt file to it,i don't realy know but the link i gave you works perfect for the 6900 non super
is the sd card memory stick formatted by the tm in the disk manager menu or formatted to fat32 if not the tm will not recognize your stb file.(i think this is where the problem is the formatting of your memorystick)

i think i might have to m8. I reformatted the micro sd card to fat32 but it still didn't work (in fact it was back to not recognising anything in the file list).

Another problem i think i will have later once i've got past this one is the fact that my laptop doesn't have a 9 pin male or female socket, only a 15 pin vga one. It does have an ethernet socket a hdmi port and 2 usb ports however. I ordered a 15 pin to 9 pin lead today because it didn't have a 9 pin socket on it. grrr, why is nothing ever easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you or can you lend a different memory stick or do you use a little hdd for recording that you could use to put the file on.(maybe the sd card is the thing that stops it from working)
and i think you will have to order a usb to 9pin lead to get it to work and then have a look here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/142502/ and for sssp(cccam with lead and laptop) have a quik look here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/189322/#post1387280

Thanks m8 you have been a great help. I think you are right that it is the sd card that is causing the problem. I have tried it in 2 card holders with the same failed result. I have a small external drive somewhere and will try and find it and try that next. If anyone needs a 15 pin to 9 pin lead with a female to female adaptor they are welcome to it :)

Cheers guys, firmware updated with new usb stick, no problems. Onto the next thing :Clap:

have you or can you lend a different memory stick or do you use a little hdd for recording that you could use to put the file on.(maybe the sd card is the thing that stops it from working)
and i think you will have to order a usb to 9pin lead to get it to work and then have a look here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/142502/ and for sssp(cccam with lead and laptop) have a quik look here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/189322/#post1387280

Thanks thijss i'm showing firmware as 7.04 even without doing a factory reset or updating the channelist, should i do these things next, and is there anything I can download while i'm waiting for the usb to 9 pin cable to arrive?

With regard to that question is the windows sharing centre on that second link all i need to download even though mine is the non-super version? Many thanks for your help, mr spoons the noob.

Back