Sky dish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggiman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Starting to move into new home over next 2 months. New property has sky zone 1 dish and sat cable into living room, no wall plate. Was advised dish is about 3 yrs old so could have been a skyQ setup and lnb.

I intend to use freesat type receiver. Will I need to buy an older type sky lnb to work with this dish and is the cabling common standard?

If the freesat box has a unicable tuner doubtful though it will work.

Ii not id do nothing till you see the LNB as Sky where fitting Hybrid LNBs where you could run standard and unicable tuners.

Thanks @Ferret

I have a few receivers to possibly use.

Spiderbox HD9000 (1st type)
Technomate 1000 CI (SD)
Viark sat 4k

The latter will probably be used but on 28E only for now.

The Viark can 100% use a unicable LNB the others need a universal or if you plan on using all 3 as i assume you are a Hybrid with any luck thats what on your dish.

Sky Q have wideband LNBs, not unicable LNBs.

Apparently, there are Freesat receivers that will work with Wideband LNBs now.

If you are switching from SkyQ then your dish is likely to have a wideband LNB – that’s the part that sticks out from the middle of the dish. If you have a Recordable 4K TV Box then this type of dish lets you record up to 4 shows at the same time. If you’re switching from Sky+ your dish is likely to have a standard LNB and you should be able to record up to 2 shows at the same time. If you don’t have a Recordable 4K TV Box then it doesn’t matter what kind of LNB your dish has, your box should work with any UK satellite dish. You’ll find more information about satellite dishes, recordings and LNBs in your user manual, which can be viewed in our product manual section.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Update.....tried the spiderbox on this dish setup and all ok.

There is a dual cable connected to 2 lnb outs so just used 1.

I guess this setup was for an older sky box that had 2 cables for separate live and recording tuners.

Got this sorted, you would think plug and play, well for some it might be. If you have a motorised dish and a number of receivers, not so simple. The lnb l am using is a four port unit, as in the past l wanted to explore using a number of different receivers, and a box with two built in receevers. My vu+ box would only work off one of the the four ports, l discovered that l had to take another cable from the port next to that to the freeview reciever, and all is now working. Not sure how these multi port lnb's work. This one had some unusual markings on the ports, indicating that the ports were not all the same.
Yes l have had that problem of boxes not knowing where they are and everything going haywire. What l tend to do is make sure all boxes are on the same satellite when l switch them on. Then only use the box l want too with the others switched off. And send them where I want to, but return that to its home, eg 28e defore l switch it off. With the freesat box l need to make sure they are all on 28e . I have bought the freesat box because our terrestrial tv is down for an unknown time.

Hi Abu,
I assume the other end of the motor wire to the single Lnb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back