Phone Unlocking Water Damage Help Please!!!

primal

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all my girlfriend has just dropped her fone which is a Samsung E780 in water and i have taken it out of it and tried to turn it on but its froze!

Can someone PLEASE help! Thanks in advance!

i read a post on here or shack about rescueing phones after this....for now open it up and put it under a radiator, then search on here for a thread with a similar title... it was something to do with brushing it with some sort of substance...

im sure someone else will know what it was, but for now do the above so the water doesnt settle in it.

Thanks for the replys guys, ill give it a go! ill leave u both rep points! :)

Did it work?

On the Gadget show a few months ago, the guy jamp in a pool with a phone and got it working ok.

If it wasnt clean water rinse it with pure water to stop the insides being sticky ect. Then place near a radiator and if you have some 100Watt bulbs put the in a lamp pointing towards phone to help the drying process.

Don't try to dry it with a hair dryer as the hot air could expand some of the metals and the phone could be dead for good.

Just do that and leave it overnight with the lamps ( Try to resist putting it back together ) then in the morning try it. If it still doesnt work leave it for a few hours and gently wipe with a cotton bud to get any water than hasn't evaporated.

I dont see what the nail polish remover would do to it other than make it stink and probably cause more harm than good.

Take out the Battery. Dry the back of the phone where the battery goes, shake the phone around to get rid of water in the phone, wipe excess. keep the phone dry in a warm room, a hair comes usefull here. :)

Falkirk_Bairn said:
Did it work?

On the Gadget show a few months ago, the guy jamp in a pool with a phone and got it working ok.

If it wasnt clean water rinse it with pure water to stop the insides being sticky ect. Then place near a radiator and if you have some 100Watt bulbs put the in a lamp pointing towards phone to help the drying process.

Don't try to dry it with a hair dryer as the hot air could expand some of the metals and the phone could be dead for good.

Just do that and leave it overnight with the lamps ( Try to resist putting it back together ) then in the morning try it. If it still doesnt work leave it for a few hours and gently wipe with a cotton bud to get any water than hasn't evaporated.

I dont see what the nail polish remover would do to it other than make it stink and probably cause more harm than good.

Thanks for the help m8, i appreciate it! :)

primal said:
Hi all my girlfriend has just dropped her fone which is a Samsung E780 in water and i have taken it out of it and tried to turn it on but its froze!

Can someone PLEASE help! Thanks in advance!

Contact phonehospital.com and they will be able to help.

This has been said already, but not stressed.....

The most important (vital) thing with a handset that has come in contact with excess liquid, is to REMOVE THE BATTERY

Its not the actual water that does the damage (initially), its the combination of water and current from the battery.
Water and electricity is never a good mix ;)

I wouldnt recommend cleaning it with nail polish although there is some logic to this - the idea being that the alcohol can clean the board, but more importantly it evaporates, unlike water and other liquids which can remain hidden but still there on the pcb.

The proper way to clean it and remove liquid damgage etc is using the correct cleaning agent and something called an ultrasonic bath which passes sound waves through the liquid and cleans more effectively.
This is really a job for the proffesionals though ;)

hope this info is of some help?

MK5

I put the phone near a lamp and left it overnight, and tried it this morning and everything seems to be working fine! Thanks to Falkirk_Bairn for that idea, cheers mate, thanks a lot :):)

Thanks to everyone who replied :)

Glad to hear its fine, Thats £15 for all that great advice ;)

Just kiddin the thanks was enough.

Think ill drop mine in some water, Will be a good excuse for me to upgrade my k700i

Falkirk_Bairn said:
Glad to hear its fine, Thats £15 for all that great advice ;)

Just kiddin the thanks was enough.

Think ill drop mine in some water, Will be a good excuse for me to upgrade my k700i

Lol cheers mate, uve been a great help!! :)

Back