watching DM800se on laptop

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi chaps

How do i get DM800se to play on laptop, i can log into web interface take screen shots and see channel list but when i try to watch it Windows Media Player in windows 7 tells me it can't play it, but don't say whats missing.

I do have VLC installed and thought that played everything but i must have that wrong.

cheers.

I don't have a se box(800 gen) but watch tv with no problems on version
VLC media player 2.0.6 Twoflower.

Vlc works fine for me on both a 800se and a vu duo mate, try reinstalling it, when you click to open a stream it will download a little file to your computer, i have to open the file to start the stream

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Vlc works fine for me on both a 800se and a vu duo mate, try reinstalling it, when you click to open a stream it will download a little file to your computer, i have to open the file to start the stream

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

when i click on say stream BBC HD it opens up but i have no sound for some reason, i have tried this on DBuk 2.1.1 and DW 1.1 images both do samething i have just installed the latest version of VLC still same.

weird as to no sound

works fine here but not tried those images mate

never seen no audio problem before

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations

which option m8

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 12
mines already associated with vlc but it still doesnt open it when i click stream from webif, it downloads an m3u file or summit then i open that and stream begins, dont use it much anyway so its no big deal.

mines already associated with vlc but it still doesnt open it when i click stream from webif, it downloads an m3u file or summit then i open that and stream begins, dont use it much anyway so its no big deal.

Thats because you also have to state the desired action when clicking on the .m3u file,it usually asks you this the first time you click it :)

I have Mac with and a dreambox 800HD and I too am also having the same problem. No matter what I do I cannot get it to work. I have noticed that I can only stream the channel that is currently playing on the dreambox.

I assume that's something to do with the fact that my box isn't twin tuner? Are there any settings I might have to tweak? Any IP address settings or any settings on the box?

i use idreamx on iMac easy to set up enter ip addy and vlc using dm800 with nps but can only stream whats showing on the box

i use idreamx on iMac easy to set up enter ip addy and vlc using dm800 with nps but can only stream whats showing on the box

I use iDreamX too but I have a few apple computers in the household and don't want to really install the software on all of them. I want to try and get it working through the OpenWebIf interface.
And in reference to streaming what's on the box, do you think a dual tuner would allow me to stream a different channel from what's currently on the box?

Back