Wanted Cheap Laptop

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm after a cheap laptop or netbook for my 8 years old Daughter nothing special or super fast just as long as it runs XP

what you got chaps :)

Napster

what do you call cheap lol
i got a hp i think ?? knocking about somewhere a couple of lines
on the screen,if you can arrange a courier or summat you can have it

what do you call cheap lol
i got a hp i think ?? knocking about somewhere a couple of lines
on the screen,if you can arrange a courier or summat you can have it

what do you mean by couple of lines on the screen m8, can you post a picture :)

a couple of lines going from top to bottom (maybe summat to do with pixels)
ive fired this up and the screen sometimes it flickers when bootin up it never did that before ??,a quick slam of the lid sorted it,its on linux atm been used for me dboxes
but i can wipe the drive clean,it has xp pro window key on bottom

Attachments

• hp lappy.jpg
    hp lappy.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
I have a box full of old laptops some just missing ram and chargers, Ive about eight just missing odd bits, I might have a replacement screen for you as I have 2 HP ones and a few Dells.

I have a Acer One for sale spec as follows

1 GB RAM
80 GB HDD
Intel Atom N270 CPU
8.9" Screen
802.11 b/g Wireless

Original box

Windows XP Pro installed with COA

looking for £70 delivered

see attached pics

Attachments

• net1.jpg
    net1.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 11
  • net2.jpg
    net2.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 10
I will have a think about that m8, but i was looking for something a little bigger if possible, but i my get back to you on this one. :)

I also have a IBM Thinkpad x60s - better speced that the Acer 1 and with a 12.1 screen.

the IBM X60S

see pics

80 GB HDD
Intel Core Duo 1.66GHz
2.5Gb RAM
12.1 Screen
Ethernet / Wifi

No CD/DVD drive

looking for 100 pounds delivered

Attachments

• IMG_20130414_113521.jpg
    IMG_20130414_113521.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20130414_113554.jpg
    IMG_20130414_113554.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20130414_113637.jpg
    IMG_20130414_113637.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 14
Thats too much for me m8, daughter is only 8 was looking at paying no more than £50

Sorry m8

Any specific reason for a windows device. I'm just asking being my 9 year and 5 year both have access to a netbook but they both rather use a tablet. Most of the time they are using online stuff so not even had to install much on them. You can pick up some pretty decent new tablets for a £100.

can do the Acer one for £60 delivered

Thats too much for me m8, daughter is only 8 was looking at paying no more than £50

Sorry m8

I have a working old dell lappy mate, just needs a charger as I misplaced it, I think it has 1GB Ramm and a 40GB hard-drive its fully working, I will just have to take my sons photos off the hard-drive but there is nowt wrong with it, pay the postage and its yours you will just have to order a charger will probably cost you about £20 all in but its in decent nick.

I have a working old dell lappy mate, just needs a charger as I misplaced it, I think it has 1GB Ramm and a 40GB hard-drive its fully working, I will just have to take my sons photos off the hard-drive but there is nowt wrong with it, pay the postage and its yours you will just have to order a charger will probably cost you about £20 all in but its in decent nick.

Cheers m8 if you dont mind can you put a picture up for me but sounds perfect for my 8 year old

Cheers m8 if you dont mind can you put a picture up for me but sounds perfect for my 8 year old

Here mate I have found the exact same lappy on Ebay for spare repairs it has a charger with it and battery, I have just pulled mine out and the battery is missing and the charger I must have it somewhere though.

I know mine is fully working and the shell and screen is in good nick I will post a pic so If you can grab that one of ebay you will have a battery and power brick.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Here mate if you buy that spare one off ebay the two of them together should sort the bairn out might only cost you £20 all together :mad:)

IMG-20130415-00107.jpgIMG-20130415-00108.jpg

Back