wales abc1???

T

tomabill

does anyone kno why wales dont get abc1??? is it because of crappy s4c2???

S4C is a joke. It has so few viewers that it's funded by both adverts and public money. I think subjecting welsh people to such crap is RACIST!

Swanseasong said:
S4C is a joke. It has so few viewers that it's funded by both adverts and public money. I think subjecting welsh people to such crap is RACIST!

this channel is for the Welsh speaking people of Wales so can't understand how its racist. Not saying it should be forced up on you like but the Welsh Assembly obviously think you should have it

Does seem a shame that the Welsh people have to miss out on ABC1 because of SC42 (which seems quite unpopular)! Is Xtraview now broadcasting in Wales, because I know they stopped it for a while.

ABC 1 is the best thing that ever happened 2 freeview. i live in england, but my sister lives in wales, and she doesnt have ABC1, so when i visit, my kids are always bored. i think we shud start a petition, so that welsh viewers can get ABC1!

I agree about ABC1 they have some good stuff but do you think they will bin a welsh channel like S4C just for ABC1

yes if we make enough fuss, besides s4c 2 only broadcasts coverage from the National Assembly for Wales whenever members are in session on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, so if they wont scrap it im sure its possible for them to broadcast Abc 1 for the rest of the week !

I don't think you're missing much with abc. I got quite excited when I heard it was starting, but almost continous low level 20 minute american sitcoms: I can't bear to watch it.

I prefer channels that show a variety of stuff.

what are you on about? ABC1 is a cool channel.

i know it's a bit repetitive, but it probably is the best channel on freeview, (after E4).

funny story: 2 months ago, i called work, and said i'm ill, and would be takin the day off, but i wanted 2 watch ABC1, lol.

Have to agree and if they manage to get a 24hr slot well it would put the BBC and ITV in a spin because they show mostly crap, isn't Lost made by ABC too :)

i think Lost might be an ABC production, but not sure, so don't quote me on it. i hear it'll go 24-hour around christmas. and yeah ur rite, bbc show a lot of crap.

All a matter of taste I suppose.

BBC4 is my favourite freeview channel.

MA_2K5 said:
i think Lost might be an ABC production, but not sure, so don't quote me on it. i hear it'll go 24-hour around christmas. and yeah ur rite, bbc show a lot of crap.

Oh its an ABC production alright. Here's next weeks,

Hey did you know the first episode was the most expensive ever costing 5 million

yeah. no offence hamba, but ur 56, and i'm 24. so, i think BBC4 is targetted @ ur age range, i might not appreciate it as much.

oh, and shipoftheline, i thought i told u not quote me, lol :) .

BBC four has some good shows to but what people forget is those shows will be going on BBC2 or have been on just like BBC3 and BBC1 its a bloody joke the radio stations get more TV Licence money than those

MA_2K5 said:
yeah. no offence hamba, but ur 56, and i'm 24. so, i think BBC4 is targetted @ ur age range, i might not appreciate it as much.

Not so sure it's got anything to do with age - more about what you like: I am just not keen on the kind of sitcoms they show on abc. I might have been interested in The News Room but never got round to watching it.

i get u now hamba. also, true point shipoftheline

all i guess i can say is: FREEVIEW, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!

Shipoftheline said:
BBC four has some good shows to but what people forget is those shows will be going on BBC2 or have been on just like BBC3 and BBC1 its a bloody joke the radio stations get more TV Licence money than those

I agree with you that there is too much programme sharing between the channels: like Little Britain has been done to death.

But BBC4 does show stuff you don't see elsewhere: lots of folk and world music; live broadcasts from The Globe Theatre; and once, we went to see an avant garde music and video show at the Barbican, and it was shown on BBC4 the following week.

Back