VU+ Solo Single Tuner DVB-S2 HD (need advice)

hoss6800

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

What is good price to pay for a second hand "VU+ Solo Single Tuner DVB-S2 HD". How much is this worth as a second hand unit?

I am planning to spend up to £150 (max), so feel free to help me with your suggestions. I have been reading and know that the Dreambox and VU are the best (according to lots of users). Been surfing the gumtree and ebay and need some help to pick a good unit. This will be my first open source receiver, but I should be ok following tutorials to flash and configure any of them.

Thanks

I would not pay anymore than £80 for a second hand solo.

Clone VU can be had for about the same money and a new 800SE clone can be had for £130-150.

if its in pristine boxed condition then agree with @Ferret.. £80 then p+p,regards

Last edited by a moderator:
On a personal note i would not even entertain a Vu Solo its dated and slow, For a £150 budget you have a wide variety of receivers at your disposal and would kick the Solo's ass so to speak.

You can pick up an Xtrend ET4000 from Germany for around £118

i would agree with digi247 but if you look at the bay you can get it for £109 postage included but if you buy from germany you get a 2 year guarantee why anyone would buy a clone when you can get originals for less also look at the tm nano

Thanks guys,

Where is the best place to buy a Xtrend with 2 year guarantee (mentioned by "Cat010")?

Thanks again for your help

put xtrend 4000/6500 into the search button on the bay,you would have to sent to germany but its not to bad its only about 15 euros postage try xtrend-shop.de

Thanks again for your help,

I did find them on e bay, but have had some bad experiences there in last few months, so finding it hard to trust people on that site.
Thanks to everyone for your help and support

Hello again,

I have been looking around and reading more and more
I am stuck between Xtrend ET4000 and AMIKO ALIEN SHD-8900.
I was wondering what the experts recommend.

Thanks again for your help and patience

Is it you selling them by any chance :Hit:

Afraid not but for the price for that particular box its great value for what it can do have a search on youtube for the Vids of it in action

Back