VU+ Solo VU solo clone with constant red light

no joy with that program either :(

having done some research i think i need to buy a Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Developement Board ?

no joy with that program either :(

having done some research i think i need to buy a Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Developement Board ?

Yes mate thats the board i use.

This guide shows you the basics

Attachments

• how to use BBS - SOLO_UNO_DUO_ULTIMO.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
Hi again Ferret

Do I need anything else?

Do you have the links to the software I need to run once the board arrives?

If this works I owe you a beer :)

RC

Hi again Ferret

Do I need anything else?

Do you have the links to the software I need to run once the board arrives?

If this works I owe you a beer :)

RC

Had to remove your link mate we dont allow them.

Please have it in mind Window XP is the one to use this board on the driver is not setected properly under windows 7.

Well i couldnt get it working under 7 maybe you can.

Hey Ferret mate

I've received my board but I didn't receive any cables.... can you let me know what I need? I've got a spare mini usb cable so I think I just need some kind of cable to go from the board to my vu solo?

Cheers pal
RC

Hey Ferret mate

I've received my board but I didn't receive any cables.... can you let me know what I need? I've got a spare mini usb cable so I think I just need some kind of cable to go from the board to my vu solo?

Cheers pal
RC

I used Dupont male to female jumper wire cable Arduino

Available on ebay and the female side fits the pins on the cypress board perfectly, the male side solders to the mobo ok or you can snip em off and tin the wire and solder directly.

Just had a thought mate.

My solo never had the jtag header pins just the points on the board.

If yours has the header pins then you would be better off getting the Dupont female to female jumper wire cable Arduino

Just had a thought mate.

My solo never had the jtag header pins just the points on the board.

If yours has the header pins then you would be better off getting the Dupont female to female jumper wire cable Arduino

Any idea where the cable connects to on my board?

Sorry for all the questions

image.jpg

Last edited:
I think I found it - am I right in thinking that the board connects here? it's marked PZ02?

I think the order is as follows (top to bottom)

GND
SDA
SCL
3.3V (square looking one)

20150111_124155.jpg

so i think I need a male to female dupont cable?

I think I found it - am I right in thinking that the board connects here? it's marked PZ02?

I think the order is as follows (top to bottom)

GND
SDA
SCL
3.3V (square looking one)

View attachment 86117

so i think I need a male to female dupont cable?

Yeah thats the correct point and like me no pins so you need male to female dupont

Yeah thats the correct point and like me no pins so you need male to female dupont

Cool thanks mate

Would you be able to provide me with the software I need?

The cables on its way so hopefully I can give the jtag a go in the next couple of days

hello , I confirm that with the JTAG decoder resumes reading the usb ? Thanks friend

Hi Ferret

I've tried to do the JTAG today but BBS3 keeps showing the box as disconnected.. have you come accross this before?

I've soldered the cables to the board and connected them correctly to the cypress board.

Cheers mate
Robbie

Hi Ferret

I've tried to do the JTAG today but BBS3 keeps showing the box as disconnected.. have you come accross this before?

I've soldered the cables to the board and connected them correctly to the cypress board.

Cheers mate
Robbie

Have you removed the jumper on the cypress board ? Are you running BB3 on Windows XP and is it listed in device manager.

What flash chip have you selected ?

Hey Ferret

My Vu Solo is now showing as connected! - tried another old laptop I think the previous one may have only had USB 1.0

i'm now stuck at the 'Flash Explorer' screen as I can't find Type 'K9F1G08UCA' the closest I can find is Samsung K9F1G08U0A but when I hit refresh 'Maker ID returned from the flash: 0 does not match' is shown

Any ideas? - we are getting closer!! :)

Hi mate

which one is the nand chip? - There's a chip with Lonrisun on it but after peeling back the sticker there's nothing written on that chip?

Thanks for your help once again mate!

Robbie

Back