VU+ Solo VU solo clone with constant red light

dulux72

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone give me a few pointers of what to try to resurrect this box.
It has a sticker on the bottom v3.2

OK I've managed to work through the various issues and now have a working Vu solo again.

what did you do mate - mine is acting the same.. can't even flash it from usb / serial

Thanks Ferret but this doesn't appear to be working.. I'm not sure which version my clone vu solo is but it didn't come with a rs232 or the rs232 board...

I don't get passed 0% when running the renewflash program and the below is all I see when connected via putty - is my box dead?

putty.png

Thanks Ferret but this doesn't appear to be working.. I'm not sure which version my clone vu solo is but it didn't come with a rs232 or the rs232 board...

I don't get passed 0% when running the renewflash program and the below is all I see when connected via putty - is my box dead?

View attachment 85988

Well you need to know the version and if its it made be Ferrari or someone else.

If you post a picture of the motherboard it may help us identify it.

Here's some pictures... I had it working on openvix-Apollo.080 but it died the next time I restarted it I'm thinking that I've somehow managed to wipe the flash?

20150104_202054.jpg

20150104_202108.jpg

20150104_202124.jpg

20150104_202045.jpg

No unless its a V1 are you sure it is not an original box ?

Hi Ferret mate,

Yep 100% sure it's not genuine - my bro has a genuine one and it's easy to tell the differences (my remote is poor, lnb feed is longer, screws are in different places and the general build quality is a lot less then his)

The MB does have version 1.4 written on it - not sure if you can see that in the pics above so may it is a V1 box?

Either way do you think this box can be saved?

Thanks for your help so far!

RC

Hi Ferret mate,

Yep 100% sure it's not genuine - my bro has a genuine one and it's easy to tell the differences (my remote is poor, lnb feed is longer, screws are in different places and the general build quality is a lot less then his)

The MB does have version 1.4 written on it - not sure if you can see that in the pics above so may it is a V1 box?

Either way do you think this box can be saved?

Thanks for your help so far!

RC

Can not start to advice without knowing its origins.

One thing you could try is to flash it with VU+ Util

But youll need an image in NFI format for you to even be able to attempt that.

You could also jtag it but that requires other equipment and there are no guarantees.

Will your supplier not know what he has sold you ?

Unfortunately I can no longer get hold of the supplier to find out!

Any idea where I can find an image in the NFI format to try flashing via VU Util?

Thanks again for your help
RC

Hi Ferret

Unfortunately no luck with the NFI flash via VU Util. The VU Util application just shows this

vuutil.png

Do you think I need a rs232 security board? i'm wondering whether this is why the output is corrupt when connecting via putty?

Hi Ferret

Unfortunately no luck with the NFI flash via VU Util. The VU Util application just shows this

View attachment 85999

Do you think I need a rs232 security board? i'm wondering whether this is why the output is corrupt when connecting via putty?

Rs232 board is for Ferrari boxes with the security chip, your does not have this.

Its looking very much like your only option is jtag.

Yep it's looking that way - well i'm willing to give it a go but have no idea what the process is. I don't suppose your far superior brain has any idea of what I need and how I go about doing a JTAG does it? :)

if the box is completely dead - i'ma replace it with a genuine solo2 i recon! :)

Yep it's looking that way - well i'm willing to give it a go but have no idea what the process is. I don't suppose your far superior brain has any idea of what I need and how I go about doing a JTAG does it? :)

if the box is completely dead - i'ma replace it with a genuine solo2 i recon! :)

Yeah can talk you through a jtag update but before then i remebered another thread try the attached tools first.

If it runs then try flash an image after.

Attachments

• UPDADE TOOLS_20140508.rar
    148.7 KB · Views: 8
Back