Vu Solo Chip replacement advice

im gonna give this ago, anyone using usb magnifier or magnifier glass ?

Thanks

im gonna give this ago, anyone using usb magnifier or magnifier glass ?

Thanks

I think you should use a normal magnifier glass. The reason why the guy used a USB version was to simply show viewers what he can see through the glass.

Remember to get one that has a stand, or flexible arm or something unless you have an assistant to hold it for you.

Having now done my flash chip swap, there was one thing I wanted to say. Although I practised on some old RAM chips thinking they were the same I couldn't have been any further from the truth. Yes the pin count was the same which led me to believe that what I was working and practising on was the same but I got a bit of a mini shock when I eventually got my flash chip and opened up the box to have a look at the work required. I think the picture below tells the story better :)

20140513_110422_zps8c834ea3.jpg

As you can see, they are not quite the same :D

Having now done my flash chip swap, there was one thing I wanted to say. Although I practised on some old RAM chips thinking they were the same I couldn't have been any further from the truth. Yes the pin count was the same which led me to believe that what I was working and practising on was the same but I got a bit of a mini shock when I eventually got my flash chip and opened up the box to have a look at the work required. I think the picture below tells the story better :)

20140513_110422_zps8c834ea3.jpg

As you can see, they are not quite the same :D

TSOPI and TSOPII :).

Hi where are you guys getting the chips from?
I got my solo2 from mixe so should i be asking them to send me one out?
thnx

I got mine direct from my supplier. Get back to them to see what they say.

I ordered 3 chips they arrived in 10 days from L&W I have had the chip replaced but it still shows no sign of life it has been checked and the chip is fitted correctly no bridged contacts no damaged tracks

they are now saying flash with this openvix-helios 017 vuplus which has root_cfe_auto.bin as the only file

Last edited:
just got it back from console repairs done a good job tried the boot loader all updated ok then installed helios clone safe from AJT and it seems to be working ok but the wife is watching tv so cant connect it to tv yet

change chip insert usb with the file helios017 unrared to the root after update install clone safe image of your choice [ anyone needing chips let me know I have 2 spare £6.99 each including postage ]
if you read my post saying it had not worked after chip change the repairer had not reconnected the display ribbon cable simple mistake causing panic

it is working fine even able to down load plugins with the remote control

Last edited:
My supplier is sending me the chip from China
Still struggling to find someone to install it
Can anyone suggest someone i can pay to install the chip?
thnx

My supplier is sending me the chip from China
Still struggling to find someone to install it
Can anyone suggest someone i can pay to install the chip?
thnx

I got mine done by a xbox repairer it is the same chip fitted to xbox's so it is easy for them to do cost me £15

Hi edogg.
If you still have the chips I will take one off your hands.
I have also sent you a PM.
Thanks.
just got it back from console repairs done a good job tried the boot loader all updated ok then installed helios clone safe from AJT and it seems to be working ok but the wife is watching tv so cant connect it to tv yet

change chip insert usb with the file helios017 unrared to the root after update install clone safe image of your choice [ anyone needing chips let me know I have 2 spare £6.99 each including postage ]
if you read my post saying it had not worked after chip change the repairer had not reconnected the display ribbon cable simple mistake causing panic

it is working fine even able to down load plugins with the remote control

I was seriously considering giving the chip replacement a go myself, but my soldering skills are pretty poor, and I would have had to buy extra tools (heat gun thing) anyway so paying someone was/is a better option for me.

I was seriously considering giving the chip replacement a go myself, but my soldering skills are pretty poor, and I would have had to buy extra tools (heat gun thing) anyway so paying someone was/is a better option for me.

dont do it KC, you know the size of it and can read the horror stories in other threads.

seek out a competent pc repair shop or even a mobile phone shop and pay about £15-£20 to get it done right.

K9f1g08u0m why your there why not use 1gb one,,, i have loads better more flash memory 1gb,,than the 256mb

Hola :Tengo un chip de Flahs que no me sirve igual que este, si alguien lo quiere se lo ofrezco.
SANSUMG 319
KPF2GO8UOC
SCBO

Hello: I have a flash chip that does not help me like this, if anyone wants is what I offer.My English is google

Back