Other Vu+solo 4k

Not too sure why you would convert a 1080p source up to 4K standard your just upscaling an already 1920x1080p source to 3840x2160.

you wont see any benefit

Was just having a play really just to see...

why not either use the youtube app built into the TV and search for some 4K clips, there are loads around including 4K @ 60fps.

or try one of the downloadable clips

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

yes ive done that mate there is some good nature and time-lapse clips etc with nice music on YouTube.. i just wanted to watch a particular movie i have in 4k..
Playing around mainly having fun...
been using a couple of new 4k converters and Camtasia Studio 8 to convert to proper 4K..

what make is your 4K TV, as i have access to some NZB's for 4K downloadable movies, just be warned though size ranges from around 70gb to around 136gb in size

My tv is LG 42UB820V but dont use NZB mainly due to not having a clue...
but thanks anyway...

cant see the point in buying one of these
and watch what ? a few sat 4k promos
and the odd youtube 4k clip

when/if (big IF) the time comes that there is something to watch in 4k
films , sports etc
there will be a solo4k se

Last edited:
There are 5 4K TV channels already broadcasting 1 on 13° east and 4 on 19.2° east as for Sports there have been Footie and tennis feeds in 4K every now and again.

You have to remember HD was the same when it first launched we had BBC HD and a couple of others and that was it, If i where to invest in any other type of Enigma2 receiver now then this would be No.1 on the shopping list may as well future proof have to at some point

There are 5 4K TV channels already broadcasting 1 on 13° east and 4 on 19.2° east as for Sports there have been Footie and tennis feeds in 4K every now and again.

You have to remember HD was the same when it first launched we had BBC HD and a couple of others and that was it, If i where to invest in any other type of Enigma2 receiver now then this would be No.1 on the shopping list may as well future proof have to at some point

not worth 400 quid to watch something now and again
not seen any 4k sports feeds
There are about 12 or more 4K TV channels
all broadcasting rubbish in 3840×2160 all promos on a loop
and a german shopping channel called pearl 4k tv
and one of those is still in 1080 (Fashion 4K Preview)
and most of the youtube 3840×2160 4k clips are using
vp9 compression
solo4k dont support vp9 codec
so black screen sound only if you use the vp9

thats why
1 cant see the point in buying one of these

Last edited:
Back