Vu+solo 2 stuck on start up screen

Fergusm

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi can somebody please help me, I have a new Vu+solo2 box running on blackhole and I tried to put a new skin on it and it is now stuck on start up image, I tried restarting box several times and also tried to remove new skin via ftp but still no joy, can anybody help me please.

Hi can somebody please help me, I have a new Vu+solo2 box running on blackhole and I tried to put a new skin on it and it is now stuck on start up image, I tried restarting box several times and also tried to remove new skin via ftp but still no joy, can anybody help me please.

FTP to etc/enigma2 and find the file named setting

In there find the line that has the skin information

example

config.skin.primary_skin=Blue-HD/skin.xml

Delete that line and save it, then power down and reboot it will force the box to use the default skin.

I tried that and still no joy! Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I downloaded the settings file and removed that line then uploaded it (after I had deleted original one)

That would normally have worked.

Are you using Notepad++ (or another linux compatible editor)?

Also, it's possible that the settings file is held in memory which may mean you have put box to sleep first with telnet/putty command "init 4" then FTP box and edit the file Ferret mentioned to remove line beginning with:-

config.skin.primary_skin=

Then save, exit and re-upload (when prompted) and restart box with telnet/putty command "init 6".

Sorry, please forgive my ignorance where do I find " telnet/putty command "init 4""

Two things you could try if you haven't got it working:-

1. Try looking at "settings" file again and see what is shown to the right of:-

config.skin.primary_skin=

2. Other thing is remove the Skin folder. Do this by FTPing to "/usr/share/enigma2/{SKIN NAME} and deleting it.

Back